Worldham GC

dankiz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I am playing in a society comp on Sunday at Worldham GC. Just wondered if anyone has played the course before and what your thoughts were?

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I am playing in a society comp on Sunday at Worldham GC. Just wondered if anyone has played the course before and what your thoughts were?
Is that Worldham GC near Alton in Hampshire? If so I have played it quite a few times. Some holes are a bit Mickey Mouse, but it is pleasant enough. Slightly plagued by high tension power wires and pylons. Nice clubhouse.

dankiz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Is that Worldham GC near Alton in Hampshire? If so I have played it quite a few times. Some holes are a bit Mickey Mouse, but it is pleasant enough. Slightly plagued by high tension power wires and pylons. Nice clubhouse.

Ah thanks, yes, it is the club near Alton!

Grieve14

Head Pro
Visit site
I played here a month ago and like delc said, some holes are a bit Mickey Mouse.. The range and clubhouse were fine (whilst open...) we finished our round at 5pm on a Saturday and the whole place was closed so couldn't even have a beer after. We were the last car in the car park, I've never been to a club like that before.

There were kids running around screaming on the course playing footgolf which is huge downside for me. Was fine for a knock around but wouldn't play it again I dont think. Much better courses close by for the same price - I played Test Valley GC the day before Worldham and it was a much better experience for a cheaper green fee. (although the driving range was terrible)

Monkey Putter

Hacker
Visit site
The course itself is OK, like others have said, some holes are a bit iffy. It doesn't really have any holes that stand out.

The Three Horseshoes about a 1/4 mile up the road is really nice pub though, well worth a visit.