World Handicap System

Jaco

Medal Winner
Visit site
I don’t have a handicap from a club, but do use an online site for my own info (myonlinegolfclub.com).
Lately my scores have been averaging maybe 25 - 28 over par for the course, but the handicap it calculates for me is sticking around 17.5. Does that sound correct?
My best round was 10 over but that was back in July.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
Would need to see all your scores along with the slope and course ratings of the courses played to give you a proper answer, but it could be right. If you want an accurate handicap are you aware you can now have an official handicap without being a member of a club?

Jaco

Medal Winner
Visit site
Would need to see all your scores along with the slope and course ratings of the courses played to give you a proper answer, but it could be right. If you want an accurate handicap are you aware you can now have an official handicap without being a member of a club?

Actually I was a member of the pay and play course where I’ve played most of my golf, I just haven’t played in comps or put any cards in. It’s a nine hole and so I tend to double up my score if I only go round once, for the purposes of filling in my online scorecard.
However my membership lapsed at the beginning of November and I’m now going to join a ‘proper’ club, which is more than twice the cost, but two minutes from home (rather than the current 25), so then I’ll take the time to get a genuine handicap. Thanks

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
It’s a nine hole and so I tend to double up my score if I only go round once, for the purposes of filling in my online scorecard.
That will certainly have skewed the 'calculated' handicap you had. That would be in addition to other variations from the full blown WHS system that myonlinegolfclub has. To be frank, it is a very basic and primitive system