Woking one round

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Thought it was a fantastic course, with really scary greens. I love West Hill, but thought Woking was a tad better, some lovely holes, some tough ones too. I was happy with my play, 39 points, card put in on the EG app and cut 2 shots for my first handicap cut in 4 years. Happy days.

@Grizzly thanks for letting my brother play. Surreal moment of the day as we're playing down the third when he and Patster were chatting about working local, only to realise that they used to work together some 35 years ago and we're mates that had lost touch.

The food was pretty good too, both the Lamb and treacle tart were fabulous.

All in all it was a really good day on a fabulous course. Big thanks to Papas for organising too.

FELL75

Visit site
Echo what has already been said. NZ was good, but Woking, wow! Never played on greens like it. Great day, food etc. Thanks to playing partners, dufferman, petema and guest?. Thanks for organising these 2 days papas.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I stuck my head around the secretary's door and said, "Ye thieving weasels, whattaboot the original deal?"

Actually, I did go in the office on the way out and said how much we'd all enjoyed the course and how super the hospitality in the clubhouse was.

Hope to go back next year to be honest

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I'd go back in a heartbeat. Easily in my top 5 courses ever played. But the heather was penal. Just slightly offline, and lost ball. I think it gobbled up about 3 of mine. That accounts for 3 of my 7 or 8 blobs......:eek::eek::eek:

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thought it was a fantastic course, with really scary greens. I love West Hill, but thought Woking was a tad better, some lovely holes, some tough ones too. I was happy with my play, 39 points, card put in on the EG app and cut 2 shots for my first handicap cut in 4 years. Happy days.

@Grizzly thanks for letting my brother play. Surreal moment of the day as we're playing down the third when he and Patster were chatting about working local, only to realise that they used to work together some 35 years ago and we're mates that had lost touch.

The food was pretty good too, both the Lamb and treacle tart were fabulous.

All in all it was a really good day on a fabulous course. Big thanks to Papas for organising too.
Echo the comments to thank Dave for organising the round. Even though we felt slightly miffed that we only got the one round, the hospitality was brilliant, the heather not fun and the greens were quuuuiiiiicccccckkkkk (very much like Liphook when we played a couple of years ago for H4H).
Felt a bit gipped though, as got .4 added to my handicap after my lowly 32 points - I was very much the whipping boy in my group ;)
Lovely course though - goes to the top of my list and I would love to play that again.
Was a very surreal moment Bryan, I'll be very honest about that - very small world.