Wimbledon GC

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Any body else see the article about Wimbledon Common on country file.

There is a bye law that all golfers have to wear red tops.

Looks like Tiger could go there incognito.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
That has proved to me with hard evidence that country file needs to be taken off air.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I saw it. 2 clubs use the course and they are both very specific about the colour - Pillar box red, and this includes T-shirts, jumpers, waterproofs etc. Apparently it is some old byelaw.

But at least the pro shop states it will sell you the right tops to let you play :p:p

Buckbeak

Visit site
I saw it. 2 clubs use the course and they are both very specific about the colour - Pillar box red, and this includes T-shirts, jumpers, waterproofs etc. Apparently it is some old byelaw.

But at least the pro shop states it will sell you the right tops to let you play :p:p
I’ve been there before and got refused because my red polo had a small white horizontal line. So I had to rent one from the pro shop

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
I grew up around there (played at Wimbledon Park) and it's Wimbledon Common and London Scottish. Both start with awkward par 3s and didn't use to have any bunkers. If it wasn't for the dog walkers and general public it could be an incredible course. They would insist on 'pillar box red'

carldudley

Visit site
I am a member there (London Scottish side), yes the red tops is a bit awkward at first but you soon build up your wardrobe.

It's fun when we play a reciprocal and all the colours come out that day, quite the fashion parade :ROFLMAO: