Wilson staff model blades

Mikefry1

Visit site
Ive just received my new wilson staff model blades and out of 7 irons, 5 of them had a round blue sticker on the cellophane wrapper and 2 did not. Can anyone explain what the significance of the blue sticker is?? Thanks

D

Deleted Member 1156

Only genuine clubs have blue stickers on them so you have 2 fake clubs.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Ive just received my new wilson staff model blades and out of 7 irons, 5 of them had a round blue sticker on the cellophane wrapper and 2 did not. Can anyone explain what the significance of the blue sticker is?? Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

For a sensible reply you'd be best asking the place you bought them from.

Hammertoe

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Fair play for buying and being able to play those irons, they are some of the most beautiful I have ever seen but I couldn't hit them for toffee. No idea why there would be stickers on some and not others, I wouldn't think it would be anything to worry about, probably a reason for it in the factory. Are the 2 that don't have them wedges maybe? I don't know just wish I had a set of them

Mikefry1

Visit site
Fair play for buying and being able to play those irons, they are some of the most beautiful I have ever seen but I couldn't hit them for toffee. No idea why there would be stickers on some and not others, I wouldn't think it would be anything to worry about, probably a reason for it in the factory. Are the 2 that don't have them wedges maybe? I don't know just wish I had a set of them
They are great looking irons. They are custom built so am just wanting to make sure they are all the right spec. I guess I'll only truly know if i get them on a loft and lie machine. The 4 and 7 were missing blue sticker. They've come direct from wilson so I'd like to think they are good to go

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I played the Staff Model for most of this year. Mine were bought new and had no stickers on when they arrived, however mine were off the shelf and my guess would be that the blue stickers have something to do with the customization process.

For what it is worth they are fabulous clubs, beautiful in the bag but also extremely functional. They are nowhere near as difficult to hit well as people make out, very high ball flight, as long as anything* and also appear to be quite durable.

*anything with standard lofts

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
They are great looking irons. They are custom built so am just wanting to make sure they are all the right spec. I guess I'll only truly know if i get them on a loft and lie machine. The 4 and 7 were missing blue sticker. They've come direct from wilson so I'd like to think they are good to go

welcome, perhaps the stickers fell off of the 4 & 7 ??

BTW - Great looking clubs

Mikefry1

Visit site
I played the Staff Model for most of this year. Mine were bought new and had no stickers on when they arrived, however mine were off the shelf and my guess would be that the blue stickers have something to do with the customization process.

For what it is worth they are fabulous clubs, beautiful in the bag but also extremely functional. They are nowhere near as difficult to hit well as people make out, very high ball flight, as long as anything* and also appear to be quite durable.

*anything with standard lofts
I played a few holes last night and they feel great. Really happy with them. I've got down to 2 after gaming ping s58 irons for the last ten years. I'm hoping these will help me get to scratch. The workability seems alot better with these ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The ones with Blue stickers are ladies clubs...? ;)

Must go have a look at your new clubs as I still occasionally play my 35yr old Wilson Staffs Fluid Feel Tour Blades and I still love the look of them, as much as they are not the easiest golf club to hit...:)

Hammertoe

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If they have come straight from Wilson I would have no worries whatsoever, I played the FG Tour F5 Irons for a few years and they were great clubs, as good as anything out there when I bought them and I tested a lot. I think people still associate Wilson with the box set cheap beginner clubs but the Wilson staff irons are amazing, their woods and putters aren't really there but their irons are second to none.