Wildlife photo's

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
Some nice images there, but half of them dont look real to me!

He says in his biography that he never uses telephoto lenses and that he always gets close to the animals, well i'm sorry but does he really expect us to believe that he gets to within a few feet of a fully grown male lion and said lion hasnt eaten him by now?

Hmmmmmmmm

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Some of the images do look very staged, but I supose very possible.

That said I do like the use of Monochrome/ Black'n'White photography. A lot can be done with light & filters with monochrome.

You don't really need to get that close with an ordinary lens if you are using careful bracketing & croping of the images. Having said this, the images in general do seem very crisp.

There isn't really enough use of Black & white photography these days.

At the end of the dayit doesn't bother me what is claimed or not, just so long as the art of the photography can be appreciated. Many of those images I really love.

Gustavo

Head Pro
Visit site
I thought they were great too, a bit taken back by some people's negativity and cynicism though.

My mother-in-law adores giraffes too, she spent a day at West Midlands Safari Park with the giraffes as a birthday treat. Grooming, feeding etc, she says it was one of the best days of her life, she still has tears in her eyes now when she talks about it.

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
Come off it Gustavo, I agree there are some stunning photos there but there are also some that look, shall we say, very "digitally touched up".

Its not negativity at all, what the guy has done with the photos is nice, but he claims all he uses is a camera and a non telephoto lens. I personally believe the use of Paintshop Pro or the like has come into play somewhere along the line!

Gustavo

Head Pro
Visit site
Calm down friend. Why are you still negative and looking for things to knock down ?

The reason for me posting them was because I thought they looked good, not because I was trying to prompt a discussion on how they were taken, or if/how they've been edited in anyway.

What does it matter anyway ? :D

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
I'm very calm fella, I only replied because you stated you were taken back by some people negativity & cynicism, I just felt I needed to explain why I was being cynical!

I'm not looking for a fight over them! lol