Why do you never miss putts with a new putter

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Did you pay your credit card bill between rounds?
Once paid for all bets are off..

Always used to pay the pro at my old club 5p or 1p under the ticket price on the basis that it would continue to work properly until fully paid off...

I was quite a regular customer despite this. :oops:

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I’m assuming the club pro’s sprinkle the same fairy dust as they use on drivers. First round it’s gun barrel straight and a mile down the fairway. Three rounds later you’re standing 2 fairways wide wondering where it all went wrong.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
With any clubs that works well for a while, you relax too much. I get it with driving. My driving will be going great - people telling me I never miss a fairway and all the rest of it. Then something in your brain goes "great, I've cracked that, driving completed" and you switch it off thinking it will take care of itself from now - and promptly forget everything you did that made it good in the first place. Back to square one and repeat the process.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
The first time you use it, sinking them from everywhere, then after that First round you cannot putt for toffee with it?
Thanks for the information. I did not know that. Must be a new phenomenon. No problems for me - I am still using the putter I bought in 1989. Really scared to get a new one now.

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
One of my playing partners on Sunday was putting so bad (Douggie), When he missed a shortish putt on 13 he said "when this round is finished" (Holding up his putter) "This is going to have an accident over the metal shoe cleaner" , and I didn't doubt it, as I've seen him break 7 clubs in various ways over the years..... but guess what, over the last 5 holes he had 4 one putts and two putted from way down on the two tiered 18th. It's if the putter knew he'd better behave to save it's life, so it lives to fight another day... but for how long?