Why do I always find Top Flites and not Pro V1s?

Golfer2112

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The subject says it all. Does anyone else have this peculiar affliction ? I mean, the manufacturers can't even spell "Flight" properly....

[True story]
I did once find a Pro V upon which someone had written "Mike" in pen. I proceed to whack said ball miles right and long off the 18th tee onto the other course. Upon our arrival at my ball's estimated final location, I am met by an irate golfer asking "Which one of you is called Mike ?".
[/True Story]

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Maybe where you are hitting your ball is an area where rubbish golfers are hitting theirs. If you want to find proVs, look where the better golfers loose balls.

Joking aside, this is probably because the people who loose the most balls are societies, and this is what they get in their ball sweep.

Also, there are probably less proVs out there to find.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Doubly annoying when my mate finds 4 brand new proVs while looking for my ball, and I only find an old pinnacle that has been eaten by a goat.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Titleist the #1 used ball on the tour.
Pinnacle Gold Yellows the #1 used ball choice of the duffer :D
A fortnight ago I managed to hit a drive into the semi on our 8th hole, walked down to where my partner pointed out my titleist pro v1 No.2, Hit it and scored a par 4 at the hole, then when pocketing the ball noticed it was the older design prov that doesnt have the putting line up. D'oh!
Same make, model and number what were the chances of that??

Teetotal

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Go and play the London Club. It's the wealthy hackers club of choice. You'll almost get your green fee back in volume of Pro V 1's found in rough - I personally found about a dozen, including 6 in the rough by green on the 18th. The other three people I played with found loads too. People that play there must be too loaded to be bothered to stoop so low and spend more then 1 second looking for their ball. There's gold in them their long grasses!!

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Strolled round the course last weekend - found 23 balls, of which the majority (6) were Titleist (ProV's and NXT), followed by Callaway (3), Srixon, Wilson, TopFlite and Pinnacle (2). I regularly find Titliest (2 more today)

My belief is that there are a lot of golfers out there using balls that they can't handle.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think you can tell the 'social class' of a golf club by the balls you find there. At my course you would find TOUR EDITION, TOP FLITE STRATA, MILITOR, DUNLOP 65i AND A WHEEN OF DONNAY AND SLAZENGER.