WHS Personal Changes in Handicap Index

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Has any body done a comparison of their Handicap Index during the past year or so (via the England Golf portal)

Very interesting for me. I know I have been a rapidly declining player and my index has gone from a low of 7.4 at the start of the 20 up to a current 9.4 (and after the last 2 scores not yet posted even higher).

That would not happen to my handicap under the UHS.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I need some help for my local 9 hole courses.

My handcap index is estimated to be 12.2 by my app.

Par 3 course, 9 holes

24/85 par 27 I get 2 shots for 9 holes

30.6/102 par 33 I get 9 shots for 9 holes

Does this sound right?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I need some help for my local 9 hole courses.

My handcap index is estimated to be 12.2 by my app.

Par 3 course, 9 holes

24/85 par 27 I get 2 shots for 9 holes

30.6/102 par 33 I get 9 shots for 9 holes

Does this sound right?

Not totally following what you have written.

You H.I is based upon 18 holes so if you are playing just 9 holes you halve your Handicap Index before applying the Slope index

so if your HI is 12.2 divide by 2 = 6.1 . Slope rating of 85. 85/133*6.1 = Course Handicap of 5
Slope rating of 102 102/113*6.1 = Course handicap of 6

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Hope I'm in the right thread

When I checked the other day my HI was listed as 14.4, today its 14.5. I played in what was a qualifying comp on Sunday but the comp was abandoned mid way due to heavy rain.

So where would the extra .1 come from, any ideas ?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hope I'm in the right thread

When I checked the other day my HI was listed as 14.4, today its 14.5. I played in what was a qualifying comp on Sunday but the comp was abandoned mid way due to heavy rain.

So where would the extra .1 come from, any ideas ?
It seems to be suggested that the correction to use CSS instead of SSS has actually been done.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
so if you are playing just 9 holes you halve your Handicap Index before applying the Slope index

102/113*6.1 = Course handicap of 6

I looked everywhere to confirm that and used online calculators from reputable sites to get those wonky numbers. Your numbers seem much more sensible. I am surprised and disappointed in the sites I used as they should work flawlessly!

Chinny

Visit site
My Handicap Index has changed overnight from 5.6 to 4.1

I've gone through my scores and CSS has definitely been taken into account on all my scores affected by CSS so looks like that issue has been sorted (y)(y)

Just need to sort out CR's and SR's for home club as for some reason EG are using the temporary ratings (Course was rated 1/6/20 and certificated issued a few weeks later so not sure why temp rating being used)

Its been reported and hopefully will be amended for next Monday... :)

Chinny

Visit site
Yes it has - the adjustments are shown in the PCC column on the EG Platform.

Just checked my account on EG Platform and all of my PCC column is still showing 0 but CSS defo used in calculating my differentials. Will check again later (y)

Two of my last 20 (Both NR's) are still not in my last 20 on the EG Platform :eek::eek:

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I've gone into "whatever" mode.... if get to play any golf next month, it'll be off "whatever" it says handicap, it will probably be wrong, but hopefully everyone will all be equally wrong for the same reasons!!

I've WhatsApp'd our playing group....overnight it looks like 6 downs, 1 up and one didn't understand the question!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 25172

Not on my record they dont...even though from doing the sums myself I know that CSS has been used!!

Same here. It still shows only as 0 throughout the column.

My handicap has changed overnight though from 5.1 to 5.0.