WHS in Scotland

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
It is being used at my club.

Are handicap changes calculated without the 95% adjustment?

Yes. The various stroke play handicap allowances like the 95% for singles and stableford are for competition purposes only - sorting out the winners. What goes into the handicap calculation is your gross score per hole capped if necessary at a net double bogey and the course and slope ratings of the course you played. The net double bogey is based on your course handicap.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
At the risk of being accused of giving too much information, an 18-hole Score Differential is calculated as follows and rounded to the nearest
tenth, with .5 rounded upwards:
Score Differential = (Adjusted gross score – Course Rating – PCC adjustment) x (113 ÷ Slope Rating)

Your Handicap Index is the average of your best 8 Score Differentials from the last 20 rounds played

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
If I were an English golfer playing in a competition in Scotland....is there any facility with the "Scottish system" by which my handicap may be adjusted and transmitted back to England golf?

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If I were an English golfer playing in a competition in Scotland....is there any facility with the "Scottish system" by which my handicap may be adjusted and transmitted back to England golf?

I know that the other way there is no automatic system in place.
Played Goswick Open in late April. They could not put my score through and I had to take a pic of my card and email to match sec.

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
At the moment the CONGU countries systems don't talk to each other. As Ken found, you'll have to pass your score to your home club to be entered.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
At the moment the CONGU countries systems don't talk to each other. As Ken found, you'll have to pass your score to your home club to be entered.

Given that I'm playing in a comp held over several days (potentially as many as four rounds of strokeplay) I may need to use my own logon to the WHS Dotgolf system and enter them myself each evening...especially if the expectation is that handicaps will change for each round (I don't know that will happen for sure...but just need to be prepared if it does!!).

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I play in Scotland quite regularly, the last time being last week twice. After I entered my scores in Scotland I sent a copy of my card to my Club for updating overnight. The answer to your question in my experience is no. At the start of The Comp. I showed my HI to The Scottish Club.