Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Tour pro knows his stuff, I would go to him

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Tour pro with some form of teaching qualification would do it for me

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I did the EGTF course 20yrs ago and although I never went into teaching, I wouldn't have any qualms about an EGTF instructor who knows his trade. The trouble with the PGA course, is that in order to teach you need to be a good player to qualify to take the course. ive been with PGA pros that have taken advanced courses and are Golfing Machine credited and I can't get on with them, but have listened to 5-6 hc players who have spotted something and taken it on board. I'm lucky that our Pro was a European tour winner and plays on the Senior tour now and the difference is that over the years of tour play he knows how to execute shots from certain lies and positions, but to tell you the intricate details of the swing, Trackman, ala Sean Foley type, it's not his forte.

It boils down to how you are as a person, do you need the technical aspect to understand or do you want simplistic and don't need confusion. But I think you need to be able to connect with your Teacher to get the most out of your sessions.