Who moved my post?

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Wasn't me, but I see it was a joke so deserved to be in OOB. Dont see this as negative, everything has its place, OOB is no less a section than the lounge, its just more random.

heronsghyll

Head Pro
Visit site
On the main page it states - The Lounge, come inside and discuss anything.

So my question is - who decided that OOB should be for humorous Golf stories? Why are these type of posts NOT suitable for the lounge where the majority of forum members go to first.

I have posted many times video links, humorous stories etc and have never been "moved" or deleted.

I have to say I am rather upset at this instant move by some arbitrator as this was not a rude, racist, non-pc story - just a funy golf crack to make people smile who love the game.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
That message was there before the OOB section was created. For reference though, I click on active topics rather than go into any particular section. ;)

A

Alex1975

I have to say I am rather upset at this instant move by some arbitrator as this was not a rude, racist, non-pc story - just a funy golf crack to make people smile who love the game.

I think that would have been a ban not a move. It does not matter where people go 1st, everyone surfs forums in different ways. The arbiter would have been a mod, they can do what they like, its there wicket. I dont think you need to be upset.

heronsghyll

Head Pro
Visit site
OK - I have got the message.

Personally I find it unacceptable, so I am now off the forum. I will not post anything or view anything from today.

No point if people can decide who reads what and where, who are not accountable and cannot even own up - so hide themselves and won't defend their position.

Thanks to everyone who bothered to reply - for explaining why a non offensive, non racist, non rude story intended to make people who love our game smile, is not considered appropriate for the Lounge.

Just a shame I don't agree and hate it when people make decisions for me - and then won't defend them.

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
Guilty M'lord I moved the post.

I moved it to OOB as that's where I thought it should be.

I do apologise for not answering your query immediately, I am at work, and only read the forum when I have a spare moment.

;)

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Goodness me, it's hardly a hanging offence mate.

For me, the worst part is that I had heard the joke before!

Chris

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
This post is better than the original....wth? :D :D

Makes a change for it not to be one of mine that was "brendy'd" although we did have a PM discussion about the subject. I didn't agree and still don't with what he had to say on the majority of it but at least I get an idea of the motives. Blimey if I'd disappeared the first time something got moved or someone had a pop I'd have lasted less than a week. Get over yourself. You usually have something decent to say so put the toys back in the pram nad get abck amongst it

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I just dont get why people see it as a bad thing to have the likes of a joke moved to the non serious area of the forum. The likes of this threads subject was housekeeping, pure and simple. There was no reprimand etc as it was a non event but Dave saw it almost as a personal attack.. Moderators cant do right for doing wrong in some peoples eyes and if they request an explanation then they get one, something as simple as a move didnt require this but got drawn out so one was given and he still wasn't happy, it is his prerogative if he never wants to return. Me, I think he overreacted and agree with Homer.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
OK - I have got the message.

Personally I find it unacceptable, so I am now off the forum. I will not post anything or view anything from today.

No point if people can decide who reads what and where, who are not accountable and cannot even own up - so hide themselves and won't defend their position.

Thanks to everyone who bothered to reply - for explaining why a non offensive, non racist, non rude story intended to make people who love our game smile, is not considered appropriate for the Lounge.

Just a shame I don't agree and hate it when people make decisions for me - and then won't defend them.

Ha ha ha ha how pathetic! Get over yourself ya big bairn FFS

P.S. your joke was pish