Whitley Bay GC

splashtryagain

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I found myself with a good few hours to kill this afternoon in the Tynemouth / Whitley bay area and decided some golf would take my mind off things and pass the time nicely. Using the top 100 list for Northumberland Whitley Bay won the vote.

I turned up unannounced and was made to feel very welcome with a tee time within the hour and a recipricol rate sorted. Having no expectations of the course I was in for a wonderful surprise. A member on his own came and asked if I wanted a "guide" as I had said this was ok to the pro. All I can say is what a wonderful course, the condition was first class and the greens were superb, a real credit to the greenkeepers. Many brilliant holes were butchered by me but I enjoyed every moment. Thanks to Andy for the advice and company, you are rightly proud of your track.

The course comes recommended highly by me 👍

Now back sitting in a hospital waiting room looking to a positive end to a great days golf ⛳⛳

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's a cracking course. Overlooked by visitors to the area because it isn't a links course or have a castle in view. Really enjoyable though, I agree with you 👍

Hope all is well on the latter point.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I found myself with a good few hours to kill this afternoon in the Tynemouth / Whitley bay area and decided some golf would take my mind off things and pass the time nicely. Using the top 100 list for Northumberland Whitley Bay won the vote.

I turned up unannounced and was made to feel very welcome with a tee time within the hour and a recipricol rate sorted. Having no expectations of the course I was in for a wonderful surprise. A member on his own came and asked if I wanted a "guide" as I had said this was ok to the pro. All I can say is what a wonderful course, the condition was first class and the greens were superb, a real credit to the greenkeepers. Many brilliant holes were butchered by me but I enjoyed every moment. Thanks to Andy for the advice and company, you are rightly proud of your track.

The course comes recommended highly by me 👍

Now back sitting in a hospital waiting room looking to a positive end to a great days golf ⛳⛳
Good to hear how friendly they were.

A couple of guys in our roll up live close to WB, as do I. When I asked them why they choose to travel further to play at our place, they said WB was a bit elitist, and not very welcoming to new members who would struggle to get PPs.

Sounds like that may have changed for the better.