Which mat?

MartynB

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi all

New member, long time lurker. I have a net and hit 'almost golf' balls into it at home off a now worn out mat. Anybody got recommendations for a good well made but reasonably priced mat I can get in the uk please?

Ebay not that good and most sites seemingly geared towards commercial ranges.

MartynB

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks Clive, done that only to be politely told no as they use them, maybe the owner thinks that by selling/giving me an old mat I would no longer pay to visit his range!

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not sure about reasonably priced, but the Truestrike mat is fantastic. It lets you hit irons like you are on the fairway as the hitting section of the Mat is gel filled. I have no affiliation to the product but can certainly recommend it.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not sure about reasonably priced, but the Truestrike mat is fantastic. It lets you hit irons like you are on the fairway as the hitting section of the Mat is gel filled. I have no affiliation to the product but can certainly recommend it.
I endorse that. A local range has them and you cant get away with a fat shot like a normal range mat.

MartynB

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks again, I've used truestrike and they are they are very good but eye wateringly expensive! Homer thanks also, found all those but as in OP I am after recommendations.

MartynB

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Still after a full size mat if anyone has any recommendations. One or two coming up on eBay but often 200 miles away!

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I know its been said but i would try other ranges. In my experience they sell them cheap by the dozen, as they are junk to them

MartynB

Assistant Pro
Visit site

simmb

Club Champion
Visit site
Like the the look of that. Some of the range mats are so hard to make them long lasting but this looks more forgiving. You keep it outside in all weathers?

It's been outside for a few months but the majority of it's life it has been inside a shed as part of my simulator build. It is used most days and I still can't see any major signs of wear.