Which lesson to go for?

Matty6

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just coming to the end of my first block of lessons with my pro. So far we have worked on my mid to long irons, driver and 3 wood. These areas were where I was struggling the most. To say there has been an improvement is an understatement! I'm playing so much better and my scores are starting to show it too. I have my last lesson booked for this week coming and I'm unsure whether to continue with my irons and woods or to have a putter lesson. I've never had a putting lesson, and I do feel as though I lose around 5-6 shots per round based on missing putts. I will be having more lessons in the future but I want to make sure the changes I've made bed in 100% before going back to my pro for another block of lessons.

So, do you think it would be more beneficial to continue developing my irons and woods, or to have a putting lesson?

Matty6

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thanks both for the advice.

Went for a putting lesson this morning. A real eye opener to say the least! I was really shocked how out of line my stance was compared to where I hit the ball. I was hitting across the ball to try and get it going in the intended direction (if that makes sense). Looked very strange when watching it back!

Im going to squeeze in a short game lesson soon, and then leave the lessons for a while. I need time to truly bed everything in.