Which GPS watch ?

Bobby19

Visit site
Looking to purchase a GPS watch for golf and only wanting to spend around £200 max.

Just wondering what is everyone using at the minute and which products offer the best in terms of Apps that record the finer details ie - automatic shot detection.

Might sound like a stupid query but I take it they all update the distances of the course as you move closer to the hole so you can have a better idea of which club to use?
Thanks in advance for any feedback

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I use the golfbuddy wtx has a full hole layout, dinamic green view, pin positions, every thing you need but a score card, (big miss) decent watch tho, the garmin s range is very popular, the s20 being a good option,

simonm8

Visit site
I would look to get a Garmin s60 second hand or stretch budget to £250 which they can be had for new.. Full map view, detects shots and is a great multi sports watch and everyday use watch... This is what I have gone over to from using a Apple Watch.. And can't fault it, it don't detect little chips and putts, but you can dd that on screen after.. great bit of kit...

GOLFER1994

Head Pro
Visit site
I use the Tom Tom golfer 2 and love it ! Usual distances and has a cool hazards feature, also tracks your strokes and rounds which you can sync up with the app !

Wilf

Club Champion
Visit site
I would look to get a Garmin s60 second hand or stretch budget to £250 which they can be had for new.. Full map view, detects shots and is a great multi sports watch and everyday use watch... This is what I have gone over to from using a Apple Watch.. And can't fault it, it don't detect little chips and putts, but you can dd that on screen after.. great bit of kit...
Hi, where are they being sold for £250? Been thinking about getting a S60 for a while

bighairydel

Visit site
I use the Tom Tom golfer 2 and love it ! Usual distances and has a cool hazards feature, also tracks your strokes and rounds which you can sync up with the app !
Sorry to hijack the thread!
Had my eye on the Tom Tom 2, just wondered how you find the auto shot detection? I'm a bit concerned of it going off by mistake and screwing up the distance stats etc in the post round analysis? Can you remove said misreads on the go or afterwards?
Cheers!

Neeko1988

Visit site
I have a tom Tom 2 and generally love it. The auto shot function isn’t the best though as it detects movements and practice swings. Although they are easily cancelled

Neeko1988

Visit site
As they happen. It vibrates and beeps (u can change this) when it records and says press left to cancel. Really easy.

Hazards function is very useful. What I will say is the Tom Tom 2 has extra functions such as calories burned, distance walked etc. If you don’t need this then get the cheaper version is it the SE or something like that

GOLFER1994

Head Pro
Visit site
Sorry to hijack the thread!
Had my eye on the Tom Tom 2, just wondered how you find the auto shot detection? I'm a bit concerned of it going off by mistake and screwing up the distance stats etc in the post round analysis? Can you remove said misreads on the go or afterwards?
Cheers!
As echoed above. Its really easy, it vibrates so you know when a shot is registered but if you just swipe right you can add/takeaway shots and record your putts!

phils226

Medal Winner
Visit site
I use the golfbuddy wtx has a full hole layout, dinamic green view, pin positions, every thing you need but a score card, (big miss) decent watch tho, the garmin s range is very popular, the s20 being a good option,
How accurate do you find the Golfbuddy WTX?. It seems about 5 yards out when compared to my friends Garmin S2 which is spot on to the Course markers.