Which Clubs?

jp303

Hacker
Visit site
hi, i am looking to purchase a new set of irons.

i have been playing a few months now regularly with an old rubbish pair which i could barely hit at first with the lower irons. after visiting the range and the course a few times a week i have got used to them and am able to hit them rather well and consistently (to my liking anyway).

i'm looking for a set to take me to help me improve, but i have a budget of about £300. i have found Callaway big bertha 08 irons within this range and also Wilson staff ci9 irons. cannot decide between the two and am unable to go hit them because the local store doesnt have them. i did hit mizuno mx-200 and liked them, but when i went to look into buying the ones they had on offer for that price had sold out. so back to square one. any suggestions between those two sets? and any others i should consider?

thanks

A

Alex1975

hi, i am looking to purchase a new set of irons.

i have been playing a few months now regularly with an old rubbish pair which i could barely hit at first with the lower irons. after visiting the range and the course a few times a week i have got used to them and am able to hit them rather well and consistently (to my liking anyway).

i'm looking for a set to take me to help me improve, but i have a budget of about £300. i have found Callaway big bertha 08 irons within this range and also Wilson staff ci9 irons. cannot decide between the two and am unable to go hit them because the local store doesnt have them. i did hit mizuno mx-200 and liked them, but when i went to look into buying the ones they had on offer for that price had sold out. so back to square one. any suggestions between those two sets? and any others i should consider?

thanks

The Ci9 are a great club that have great reviews for game inprover club. The 08 callaways are not a club I know anything about. Have you thought about Mizuno MX-100. they are a great price and like the willsons have a good write up for GI clubs, you will get them new for about £279.

I was in American Golf a few days ago and they had a number of 2nd hand sets of Taylor Made Burner Plus irons at great prices, again a great GI club that will help get the ball up off the deck.

for a little more money and a little more lastability is the Callaway X-20 at about £349.

Hmm what else is cheep and good....

Cleavland CG7 very good price - I think £279.

Do not buy anything you have not hit. if a shop wont let you try the club find somewhere that will. you must play them before you buy them.

good luck and have fun.

T

thecraw

How about a nice second hand set of Ping I10's, I think I know someone who may be letting a set go at a very very reasonable price!!!

3-PW with Gap wedge all matching serial numbers!!!

jp303

Hacker
Visit site
i did look at the mx100s im not massively keen on them, just way too chunky for my liking to be honest. though i may have to reconsider them.

with regards to the ping i10s, do you have any idea of price and condition?

does anyone have any views as for the Callaway big bertha?

jp303

Hacker
Visit site
after trying them again, i have just purchased brand new mizuno mx 200 4-pw for £300. the pro from the local golf centre put them up on ebay for quick sale and i won. so im very happy with that.

cant wait to get them and get playing with them

thanks for the help