Where's my fade gone?

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
so another decent range session, hitting the new callaway razr hawk miles!! Since moving towards s&t I find today I can not hit a fade to save my life, everything with my irons is straight, draw or pull.

I guess I should be happy but after 18 months of aiming left I now have to aim straight/slightly right

stupid game

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I still, dispite using the S&T pattern, hit a fade as my stock shot :mad:

I can hit the prescribed push fade by moving the ball back a little in my stance (Still hitting on the way out). I tend to play my mid-irons 2 ball width inside my left heel as the pattern describes, but I still fade the ball.

I'm not fussed as it's very controllable and, to be quite honest, wouldn't thank you for a draw as a stock shot.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
so another decent range session, hitting the new callaway razr hawk miles!! Since moving towards s&t I find today I can not hit a fade to save my life, everything with my irons is straight, draw or pull.

I guess I should be happy but after 18 months of aiming left I now have to aim straight/slightly right

stupid game

What shot shape do you have now? Is it repeatable?

My stock shot is a high draw, it looks great and its becoming repeatable (just need to actually take it onto a course)

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would say on the balance of today its a high slight draw. If I grip down slightly and ball back slightly I can ppunch a lower draw thats more controllable and what I am planning to use tomorrow

still a long way to go as struggle to find the perfect tempo but still a lot better ball striking compared to a month ago

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
Gareth I would be happy with a repeatable fade, doesnt matter what shot we all hit its who can repeat it most often than tends to score well ;)

unles their repeatable shot is crap to start with :lol:

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Gareth I would be happy with a repeatable fade, doesnt matter what shot we all hit its who can repeat it most often than tends to score well ;)

unles their repeatable shot is crap to start with :lol:

:rofl:

Very true pal. My fade is about 5 yards max so if it went dead straight I wouldn't be far out of position. I try and keep it as simple as I can and only play the push draw when I need, specifically one of the par 4's a my track.