Where Do You Keep Your Clubs?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
i used to keep them in my locker at the club, but noticed rust spots every time i took them out last year. So now sitting in my study

nowtfancy

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Always were in the garage, until about a month ago some toerags broke in and nicked em.
Now have permission to keep the new ones in the house, cupboard under the stairs.

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Locker at the club for me which was a nightmare for the club champs this year when i used HID car and my locker key was at home on my own key fob. No time to turn around and go back so had to use the pro's set which needless to say were blades, extra stiff through the set and totally foreign to anything I've ever used. I broke 100 though which was a bonus !!!! Nipped home at lunch and took 19 shots off of my first round with my own clubs.

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Wet clubs in the boot of the car is not a good combination,ive known a few mates to do this and rust spots appearing on the shafts and heads seems to happen at an alarming rate :eek:oo:.

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
All my golfing stuff in the garage, as my wife has no interest in what goes on outside the house I know she won't throw anything away.

D

Deleted member 18588

Isn't this what lockers are for?

Although I admit that my clubs do come home once a week for a clean.

Better years ago when the then pro" provided a storage and cleaning service.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I learnt many years ago to avoid, if possible, keeping my clubs where the temperatures fluctuate and where there is a lot of damp. Smelly golf bags, rusting shafts and golf balls so cold during the winter that they do not fly.

The old wound surlyn balls used to crack open when they were too cold, I once walked off the course after just 4 holes after destroying 3 balls.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
In the conservatory/back room. Used to be in the shed back when I wasn't playing every week, but it's too tiresome to go out to the shed and back every time I want them. Plus if they're all the way out in the shed I'm much less likely to bother cleaning them when I should do!

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Keep mine in the spare room. Don't like keeping them in the car because of the change in temperature can damage the shafts and grips get hard from the cold. Plus I like to sometimes get a club out the bag and swing it in the garden at night or put in the living room.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Keep mine in the spare room. Don't like keeping them in the car because of the change in temperature can damage the shafts and grips get hard from the cold. Plus I like to sometimes get a club out the bag and swing it in the garden at night or put in the living room.

This is exactly how Tigers wife took up the sport

*TQ*

Club Champion
Visit site
Mine stay in the boot of the car. Not ideal if I want to stop at Tesco but bloody handy if I fancy hitting the range on my way home!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I want to long term get a work style storage locker for the garage

Got a walldrobe in there at the moment that might do the trick for the winter when I'm planning for a 2 month break with only range practice