Where do they stay?

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Agree on all of the above. Ref the bit in bold, do they literally get them out of the box and wear them? That would be terrifying for me. A big tournament and you start getting a blister walking up the 8th :eek:. They all look so pristine so I think the top guys must be given shoes for fun, presumably to show off all of the different ranges as well, but as someone who struggles to get a good fit I'm not sure I could get away with that.

At what point does that happen, when do you go from 2 free pairs a year to 2 free pairs per month etc. Pitch the idea, it would be great to see.

Have a read of this, I found it really interesting.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/ma...ted-for-a-major-and-my-head-is-still-spinning

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
A friend of a friend was offered £5k for a house literally across the road.
Offer was declined numerous times, each time the offer went up.

The deal in the end was £25k for the week. House to be cleared of everything 3 days before, client pays for deep clean.
Client brings own furniture.
At the end clients belongings / furniture removed and another deep clean. Hoime owners stuff put back ( client paying for storage of their stuff)

As well as the £25k the house owner was offered a holiday anywhere in the world for the week as well as 1st class flights there and back.

All done through an agent

Unreal
For that amount of cash I'd have definitely done that although packing everything seems excessive. Knowing HID she'd use it as an excuse to cull a load of my golf gear

13Aces

Club Champion
Visit site
"A friend of a friend"? There are a lot of stories floating about re these "offers". Afraid I am very sceptical re these.

D

Deleted member 1740

I would imagine the R&A will book whatever rooms they need for the field number, and then if players make their own arrangements then so be it.

The GM boys usually rent a house from memory........ although they didn't invite Stu_C or myself back when they were at Troon........😡😉😂😂

I got the invite but had to decline as i was looking after davie 2blue, You was never going to be invited after your performance earlier in that afternoon 😂

I think that was the best day i've ever had.

User20204

Visit site
The deal in the end was £25k for the week. House to be cleared of everything 3 days before, client pays for deep clean.
Client brings own furniture.
At the end clients belongings / furniture removed and another deep clean. Hoime owners stuff put back ( client paying for storage of their stuff)

l

Can't understand why they would need to remove everything as this is most unusual for a let for the Open. It certainly didn't happen for Carnoustie last year or with various other Opens in the past.

User20204

Visit site
"A friend of a friend"? There are a lot of stories floating about re these "offers". Afraid I am very sceptical re these.

I'm quite friendly with someone who let their house out at Carnoustie last year, they live 200 yards from the first tee, directly next to the rail line, they got 8k and didn't have to remove anything. I also know the chap that leased his out to Faldo when he won at St Andrews, said Faldo only used one room.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Yeah, but he doesn’t like to talk about that, or his fitness regime!
Yeah and if he didn't have to travel all those millions of miles and if he was as big and strong as Jack, Arnie etc he would have won 50 Majors! But he doesn't like to talk about that either :ROFLMAO:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
It is a subject that my friends and I have been wondering about for many years?
Where do they all stay?
Who does the bookings - not only the stars with management teams but the young pros just making it on to the tour?
Last minute travel arrangements?
How do they manage their laundry?
How many of the pros have clothing manufacturers leave out "outfits" for them for each day?
A new pair of shoes each day? McIlroy has had this. And you do notice "outfit matching shoes" quite often.
There must be a great opportunity for a "behind the scenes" documentary of the life of a touring golf pro. "Four Iron in the Sole" type but updated.
It would be a fascinating insight.
Or the epitome of Sad! As is the bold bit! :(

Btw. 4IitS was a Caddy's view. It's currently just across the table from me. I'vbe been trying to find the reference (I think it's in there somewhere) to an incident involving Edinburgh Jimmy (who I have had the odd tipple with) and Paul McGinley.

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
I heard a very similar story and the client was apparently Mr Beckham. No idea if it is true or not.

Also heard that Sky wanted someone’s apartment to use their balcony for a camera and paid a pretty penny for it. Once again, no idea if it’s true or not.

We've a few clients on the North Coast, with some currently live. One with properties in Portstewart and Portrush is doing extremely well - prominent American player has taken one, with Sky taking the course adjacent property for a total of 3 weeks for a shocking amount of money - all with the same caveats mentions before with deep cleaning, damage clauses, travel and accommodation costs (although it was Ireland only I believe) etc. The views at the minute look stunning, let's hope it continues to look good through rain speckled cameras during the championship days!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
when the Scottish open first came to Castle Stuart there was a big expectation on people being able to get Thousands for letting their houses out for the week to fans and player alike . a quite a few sensationalise new stories in the local rags about cashing in etc, none of that happened:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The open on the other had, why not, wife owned a flat in Carnoustie, wish we had kept it:(

Albo

Visit site
It is a subject that my friends and I have been wondering about for many years?
Where do they all stay?
Who does the bookings - not only the stars with management teams but the young pros just making it on to the tour?
Last minute travel arrangements?
How do they manage their laundry?
How many of the pros have clothing manufacturers leave out "outfits" for them for each day?
A new pair of shoes each day? McIlroy has had this. And you do notice "outfit matching shoes" quite often.
There must be a great opportunity for a "behind the scenes" documentary of the life of a touring golf pro. "Four Iron in the Sole" type but updated.
It would be a fascinating insight.
I used to live up near Royal Birkdale and when the open was there a lot of the well known players would rent the massive houses opposite for the week.
On a similar subject, there is one house which is round in shape and one year Pepsi were rumoured to have offered the owners a lot of money to paint it in the colours of a pepsi can, then return it back to its normal white post the open, apparently the council put a stop to it (I don't know how much truth there was in that story)