Where do I start?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wow, the difference between feel and real is just enormous!
Recently my driving has fallen off a cliff. They usually go high and right with the occasional pull hook. The only straight ones are my provisionals, and they go a reasonable distance.
I wondered whether you'd be kind enough to give me a couple of pointers as to how I can sort this out ................ when you've stopped laughing!!
Obviously I have a hilarious right leg thing going on .................. but what else.

[video=youtube_share;dyAkGTV9MQI]https://youtu.be/dyAkGTV9MQI[/video]

Thanks guys and gals.

See below for Part 2.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
................. and here's part 2.

[video=youtube_share;31CTT9KHL4I]https://youtu.be/31CTT9KHL4I[/video]

I told you they were funny :lol:.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Do you want to continue with stack and tilt?

It seems to work okay with my irons and my hybrid, but I'll happily change my driver swing ............... if that makes sense.
Any help would be gratefully received :thup:.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
....................... because my fade is usually a wild slice!
Fairways are just not wide enough.

Its clear you have a leftwards path. Have you ever been on a monitor? how many degrees left is that. if you could tone that down a bit it would be a very playable fade swing.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
if you could tone that down a bit it would be a very playable fade swing.

The trouble with stack and tilt is the weight is so far forward, the downswing becomes steep and out to in. That makes it very difficult to hit the driver on the way up with a neutral swing.

The steep swing is great for the short irons, so-so for the medium irons but no good for the big stuff.
That's why most users of s&t cant hit the driver well.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
When you practice next, try and keep your left foot still throughout the whole swing.
That will help stop your upper body spinning out and causing the slice

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You open up so fast that your path is always going way to the left. 3 drills here from mark Crossfield that will calm what you are doing and maybe even get your path back to neutral or dare I say it, to the right. You might even draw one. ;)

[video=youtube;parx9avGJMs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=parx9avGJMs&t=8s[/video]

The feet together drill pops up here again. Posted for a certain Mr Simpson earlier who also swings to the left.

Yant

Head Pro
Visit site
Nice posture at set up.

The most prominent thing i'm noticing is the whole initial movement away from the ball is a 'roll' with the hands as opposed to a takeaway with the shoulders and arms. Also, the left arm looks like it's breaking a little too which is causing the club to go past parallel. This leads to inconsistent ball striking and a wide range of shot shapes. Try to get the takeaway going with the shoulders and arms rather than the hands and keep your left arm straighter. this will help to;

A) Help stop the club going past parallel, therefore creating more control.
B) Create more of a turn rather than just 'fanning' the club open and lifting with your hands.
C) Create more natural power without even trying!

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nice posture at set up.

The most prominent thing i'm noticing is the whole initial movement away from the ball is a 'roll' with the hands as opposed to a takeaway with the shoulders and arms. Also, the left arm looks like it's breaking a little too which is causing the club to go past parallel. This leads to inconsistent ball striking and a wide range of shot shapes. Try to get the takeaway going with the shoulders and arms rather than the hands and keep your left arm straighter. this will help to;

A) Help stop the club going past parallel, therefore creating more control.
B) Create more of a turn rather than just 'fanning' the club open and lifting with your hands.
C) Create more natural power without even trying!

Hope this helps.

Thanks Yant, appreciate it :thup:.