Where Can I Get Golf-Club Sized Boxes?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've got four clubs for sale on Ebay but I've only got three boxes for them that I've saved from earlier purchases. Where's best to get hold of a box with the right dimensions to pack a golf club in?

Or alternatively, what's the best way to pack a golf club for sale when you don't have an appropriate box?

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Local range or pro shops usually have a few kicking around.

My mrs actually made me one over xmas for me to send a club i'd sold which got rid of a few brown boxes.

Alternatively just wrap the club as is in dozens of layers of parcel tape, pop his address on a post it note and take it to your local post office.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ok guys, cheers. Might have some cardboard around to fashion one, depends if we threw out the box for the new boiler or not.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you are selling drivers and want to use the cheapest deliverers (myhermes) and others have a length limit which is exceeded by a driver in a standard driver box.
These need a little dimensional thinking about eg packing on the diagonal.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you are selling drivers and want to use the cheapest deliverers (myhermes) and others have a length limit which is exceeded by a driver in a standard driver box.
These need a little dimensional thinking about eg packing on the diagonal.
On ebay it gives you the courier options on the listing, so I picked the one that said 120cm length. That should be ok, with 2 inches of room. I'll just make sure the box is barely any longer than the club!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
On ebay it gives you the courier options on the listing, so I picked the one that said 120cm length. That should be ok, with 2 inches of room. I'll just make sure the box is barely any longer than the club!

120 is too short a length for normally packed in box driver, which is why mentioned it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
120 is too short a length for normally packed in box driver, which is why mentioned it.
Cheers mate. I'll measure the box I use and if it's longer than that I'll cut it down. Luckily this driver I'm selling is about half an inch or maybe an inch shorter than standard so that might make all the difference. :LOL: It might be an idea to take the headcover off and pack that alongside the handle end if it makes it too long with it on.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
just imagine toblerone that big

That's just mental

Although I do remember getting a metre of jaffa cakes once so that box might do for the shaft if jaffa cakes can still be bought that way
I can only suggest an empty Easter egg box to put the head in as I know Easter eggs are already on sale in the UK and if its strong enough to protect a chocolate egg it should be fine for a club head

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
how about posting all 4 in one box and putting a note and labels inside telling the first recipient to take their club and post the remaining 3 to the next name on the list.... etc, etc. It will save you on postage as well, I know you like to be frugal;)
I like it, almost like a sort of adventure for them.

D

Deleted member 21258

how about posting all 4 in one box and putting a note and labels inside telling the first recipient to take their club and post the remaining 3 to the next name on the list.... etc, etc. It will save you on postage as well, I know you like to be frugal;)

I like it, almost like a sort of adventure for them.

Thanks for the Friday laugh:ROFLMAO:

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
That's a really long game of pass the parcel 😀