Where are you going on holiday this year????

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Have mine sorted, and it can't come quick enough.
Heading over to France on 2nd July for 2 weeks.
Staying here....
http://www.theretreatlake.com/

My daughter Lydia, her boyfriend Tom and my Son Harry are coming with us for the 1st week, 2nd week just me and the missus.
Beautiful place, Gite is absolutely gorgeous and the fishing in the lake is first class.
Will fish early in the mornings and late into the night, might even do a couple of "all nighters" and enjoy the odd BBQ during the day, glass of vino, explore the local countryside, that sort of thing.
It's Lydia's birthday while we are over there, so a nice party planned for 4th July.
I've been working bloody hard this year, all sales records broken and not very many days off.
Desperately in need of a holiday.....

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Bacton in Norfolk, we always rent a seafront cottage in a smaller quiet spot of the country with dog friendly beaches and just enjoy walks away from all the hustle & bustle and switch off, we can drive to the bigger area's like Cromer & Great Yarmouth for a day but it's nice to always retreat to a bit of solitude. Just Friday to Friday (8 days) is enough for us in late June, hopefully the weather will be kind :mmm:

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Have mine sorted, and it can't come quick enough.
Heading over to France on 2nd July for 2 weeks.
Staying here....
http://www.theretreatlake.com/

My daughter Lydia, her boyfriend Tom and my Son Harry are coming with us for the 1st week, 2nd week just me and the missus.
Beautiful place, Gite is absolutely gorgeous and the fishing in the lake is first class.
Will fish early in the mornings and late into the night, might even do a couple of "all nighters" and enjoy the odd BBQ during the day, glass of vino, explore the local countryside, that sort of thing.
It's Lydia's birthday while we are over there, so a nice party planned for 4th July.
I've been working bloody hard this year, all sales records broken and not very many days off.
Desperately in need of a holiday.....

As a fellow angler, albeit one for whom golf has taken priority in the last year or so, that looks lovely. Always fancied France and combining fishing with a family holiday looks like offering the best of both worlds......hope you bank some biggies!!!!

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
As a fellow angler, albeit one for whom golf has taken priority in the last year or so, that looks lovely. Always fancied France and combining fishing with a family holiday looks like offering the best of both worlds......hope you bank some biggies!!!!

Exclusive use of the lake too!!
Went last year, the whole set up is superb.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Dunno Rob, I hope I'm ok to fly after the eye surgery. Off to the Isle of Whight for a few days this week as we've just had my sons wedding and are knackered (and penniless! But it was a grand bash!

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Ireland for 2 weeks in the summer. Seeing friends in Kerry for a week and then up to the north to see the wife's family for the second week.

Morocco in October and maybe South Africa for a week but I've got to get that past management

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ireland for 2 weeks in the summer. Seeing friends in Kerry for a week and then up to the north to see the wife's family for the second week.

Morocco in October and maybe South Africa for a week but I've got to get that past management

County Kerry is fabulous. Me and the mrs honeymooned there. Loved it and would return in a heartbeat but the mrs was put off by the changeable weather! The Dingle peninsula is simply majestic and well worth a visit.

U

User62651

Doesn't sound like recession and austerity mean much to many on here! Must be in the wrong line of work - Well jel:angry:

I'm going to north Wales...again.... in August and staying at the inlaws/brother in laws.........not too happy, they've got 4 little uns so on top of my 2 it'll be fun but not very restful, hopefully some bass around as I'll need to escape with a fishing rod as I can't golf (which is too expensive anyway):mmm:

Went to Austria in Feb skiing and that's 'my holiday' for the next 5 years it seems! Mrs hates flying.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Off for our annual pilgrimage to Japan at the end of June. I'm there for two weeks, Mrs Wedge and the boy will be there for a month. Have 4 friends flying in to join us for the second week, no golf this year but a lot of Aikido training, a bit of sightseeing, great food and a lot of beer. Also have a boys trip returning to Amendoeira for three nights in September for golf and beer.

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Week in St Andrews at end of July. Me, Mrs, 5 month old, plus sister, bro-in-law & nephew for mine and bro-in-law's 40th. Plus my parents will come up Wed-Sat as we've got a 4 bed house for the week.

Day after we get home is my baby girls christening.

Week off to recover from that, prob at the in-laws caravan in Winsford.

irip

Head Pro
Visit site
No Big holiday for me this year but eight golf trips booked (1 already done), mostly little 2 or 3 day breaks, nowhere fantastic just good company and a few beers (with the execption of Forest Pines):)

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
A week in Cornwall during the early summer body boarding, exploring and generally amusing ourselves and will then grab the tent and head up to North Norfolk for a couple of long weekends later on as it's on our doorstep. Even got a couple of nice days golf planned for the first time in years. Very fortunate all said.