Any Carp fishermen on here fancy a cheap holiday in France

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
I did a lot of Carp fishing 20 years ago in my teens, been thinking about starting up again recently.

I think it's a bit like golf.... Looks a bit boring and pointless but when you get out there and actually do it you become obsessed.

That lake looks stunning, very Carpy. You'd never get a venue/setup at that price in this country.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Any joy G1BBO?
I've heard back from the guy that runs the fishery, all the weeks I have enquired on are free at the moment. But I'm just thinking whether I would rather go a bit later in the year, say June? More daylight hours (ideal for the early mornings) and a better chance of decent weather.
It's a fine line going too early (crap weather) wrong time (spawning) or too late and the fish go off the feed 'cos it's too bleeding hot!
Bearing in mind the season used to start on June 16th, I think early June would be a good time.
Looking at the past years catch reports for June shows that plenty of fish were still being hauled out mate.
Rob

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Just to let you know G1BBO (if you are interested)...I phoned the guy last night and have reserved one week from Saturday June 14th 2014. Long way away I know, but with only four rods allowed on the lake it's filling up fast so I thought I'd better commit before losing it.