When do you think you will next play golf?

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Great round today with course in fine condition though the greens were covered in seed-heads as they don't want to stress the grasses especially with frost around presently.
I played Par/Bogey & lost by 3 on the front but by just 2 on the back....... more than satisfactory & no injuries so I'll be back again this Fri & Sat. :):)
Got out again today & the greens had fewer seed-heads as we've had our last frosts & they'd dropped the cutters (y)(y)
Playing Par/Bogey I won the front 9 1-Up....... & finished All-Square over the 18 so well, well pleased...... such a tough unrelenting fgormat. :oops::oops:

Matty6

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
We’re opening on Monday, and I managed to get a slot at 8:20am (3rd tee time of the day). Single players only, (unless playing with someone from the same household) teeing off every 10 mins.

Cannot wait to tee it up on Monday! ?

abjectplop

Hacker
Visit site
When do we think we'll get a game in Scotland? Saw a suggestion that recycling centres will open here 1st June so maybe that's the date for things to be eased.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I hope it is before then. No reason to not be playing sensible golf.
R number in Scotland seems to be driven by care homes. Totally messed up on that front. #golfissafe .

D

Deleted Member 1156

We have been using 8 minute intervals and it has been fine, absolutely no bunching up. No need to space out times any further.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I hope it is before then. No reason to not be playing sensible golf.
R number in Scotland seems to be driven by care homes. Totally messed up on that front. #golfissafe .
Everything about the two 9s I've played has confirmed that golf is by far the safest thing I've done while leaving the house since March. Hopefully they'll let you out sooner rather than later.

Mick68

Visit site
I think Scotland will be 1st June as the next official review is on 28th May. Anything earlier would be a bonus. I'm a bit worried that if the numbers do start going up in England (which would be nothing to do with golf) the Scottish govt take fright and lock us up for even longer.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
In northern ireland we are hoping that golf will get the greenlight as of next week. Announcement monday.

This is based on the fact they have opened garden centres, angling is to resume Monday so leaving golf out seems odd as we have shown that we can do it safely.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
We have been using 8 minute intervals and it has been fine, absolutely no bunching up. No need to space out times any further.
Because of physical fitness issues (eg two athletic low handicappers following two high handicappers with walking difficulties), we have found that after about 5/6 holes (10 minute intervals) there is some bunching up. It hasn't actually been a problem because we are only playing 9 holes (front or back) and players have been very sympathetic/tolerant of the slower pairs. Most players have found the interval quite relaxing and there are enough tee times available for all. 1hr 30 to 1.40 is the norm.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Because of physical fitness issues (eg two athletic low handicappers following two high handicappers with walking difficulties), we have found that after about 5/6 holes (10 minute intervals) there is some bunching up. It hasn't actually been a problem because we are only playing 9 holes (front or back) and players have been very sympathetic/tolerant of the slower pairs. Most players have found the interval quite relaxing and there are enough tee times available for all. 1hr 30 to 1.40 is the norm.
We have a hilly course and the usual demographics of members. Like I said, no issues with 8 minute intervals ?

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Tomorrow, 1.14

Powakaddy battery charged, skycaddie watch charged. Clubs in car. Have to play on own so that the Welsh FM has been seen to do something different from Boris... no idea if I’m allowed to drive to the course because the messages are so rubbish.

but golf is Golf, and tomorrow it’s back

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
When do we think we'll get a game in Scotland? Saw a suggestion that recycling centres will open here 1st June so maybe that's the date for things to be eased.

First of June in Renfrewshire for recycling/dumps opening. Think I'll wait a few days before filling the car. Got loads to get rid of.