When do you think you will next play golf?

IanMcC

Visit site
I suppose I am only jealous of the 144 tee times . In Wales, because of our dopey government, our 2 balls can only be with people from the same household. I know, mental! So most of our 56 tee times, 0800 till 1900 at 12 minute intervals, will be 1 balls. We have set casual golf access down to 2 days prior to have some sort of control, but it will still be daft. At least we can do 18 holes though. I truly hope the Welsh Assembly reverse this crazy rule soon.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
By the third hole the two two-balls in front of us had joined up to become a four ball. Then they separated on the 18th so it would look like they’d stayed as two balls the whole way around. Morons.
That must of held everybody up behind in two balls.
Was anything said to them?
They need reporting and banning

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
That must of held everybody up behind in two balls.
Was anything said to them?
They need reporting and banning
We didn’t approach them - the people behind us were basically beginners so we let the group in front get ahead while we practiced putting and we had a quiet round. I told the shop afterwards but it’s just a small turn up and pay on the door course so I doubt they’ll do anything.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
after the last month of using a net, had my first go on grass today only pitches and chips, everyone thinned into the bushes at the back, not looking forward to a game as much as i was:censored:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That is truly neat, and I admire the maths. I suspect true social distancing may be an issue at the 10th tee with 10 minute intervals on both nines, however. I hope I'm wrong and it all works out. Also well done on having the pro shop manned and course monitors present for 12 hours solid. We would love to have that luxury.
Worked fine at mine .
No marshals ,just members with common sense.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Worked fine at mine .
Agree that a marshal isn't a necessary if members can be relied upon to act accordingly. However as highlighted on here where a group played as a fourball that perhaps isn't going to always be the case. I understand our steward is marshalling as he can't work behind the bar (and so assume isn't required to be furloughed and paid for the hours worked) and wants to give something and be busy. That all said, I am sure the members of most clubs will get use to being in pairs and anyone not abiding will get outed to the powers withing a club.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Agree that a marshal isn't a necessary if members can be relied upon to act accordingly. However as highlighted on here where a group played as a fourball that perhaps isn't going to always be the case. I understand our steward is marshalling as he can't work behind the bar (and so assume isn't required to be furloughed and paid for the hours worked) and wants to give something and be busy. That all said, I am sure the members of most clubs will get use to being in pairs and anyone not abiding will get outed to the powers withing a club.
It’s incredible the stupidly of some people or arrogance more like.
On the first day back doing this.
But not a members club what can they do.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It’s incredible the stupidly of some people or arrogance more like.
On the first day back doing this.
But not a members club what can they do.
I get that and so as rule abiding golfers perhaps even more annoying knowing nothing will get done. I am sure if (and I don't think it will with a marshal zipping about) it did, members would report it to the GM and I'd hope the club would take a firm stance. I really can't see any logical reason to flout the rules so blatantly as a four ball amongst pairs must stand out like a sore thumb

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, he has no underlying health conditions. I'm inclined to play but my brother thinks it's a bad idea which potentially creates a conflict in itself. It's certainly not an easy decision. I know he's playing with a friend tomorrow or Friday anyway.

You have to be convinced that the club has done everything possible to minimise any risk. I have been involved in the planning for restarting golf and I have nothing but admiration for the final arrangements that were put in place.

IanMcC

Visit site
Worked fine at mine .
Congratulations. You must have a remarkable membership!
Our stewarding is mostly needed, we feel, for the safety of the public, who used the course to walk in their exercise hour in the pre golfing days! (Absolutely no vandalism, btw.)
I can only hope our membership is as squeaky clean as yours.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Congratulations. You must have a remarkable membership!
Our stewarding is mostly needed, we feel, for the safety of the public, who used the course to walk in their exercise hour in the pre golfing days! (Absolutely no vandalism, btw.)
I can only hope our membership is as squeaky clean as yours.
It’s not they are squeaky clean.
It’s they know if they don’t abide by the rules they will be banned from playing.
It’s no good banning everyone for a break by a minority ,the club is quite strict when it comes to bad behaviour.
If they could get away with things I am sure some would try, every club has them.
We didn’t allow the public on the course as we thought it would cause problems down the line ,like them treating access as the norm.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Ours worked perfectly yesterday, most our main roll up we’re immediately in front and behind us, so some banter was extended across fairways when my playing partner could be seen fishing a ball from the pond and chipping out from behind trees, he didn’t have a great debut, bless him.

As such I won my match 3&2 and played 2 under handicap, so very pleased, but need to remove a wedge and put my 5i back in as I missed it badly.

4 of us are rotating playing each other 3 times each in a mini-league, £10 per round/match winner takes all, all off scratch, I’m joint top ? early days yet though.

Only took 90 minutes ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Well I'm in for 8.10 on Saturday. First name on the back nine start sheet (a benefit of being in work at 6.30 and ahead of the sheet being released). Just waiting to see which poor soul lumbers themselves with me. On a further plus side, got a practice session at the club booked for 4.00 today to try and find anything that gets it going forward and another for tomorrow planned and sourced a mat to replace the one from China that never showed (and started the refund process through Amazon) so all in all HJS is a happy camper.............so far today

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Peril of tee booking when the club has never previously done it other than for comps.

I looked for a slot on Sunday and found 10:30am. Someone booked - but no #2. I know the guy for bumping into in the club (I think) so popped my name down. He pulled his name yesterday evening. Hmmm - maybe he decided he didn't fancy 18 holes in my delightful company ... ;) No matter - one of my Sat am Round-up group has popped his name into the vacancy. He knows...:)

Last edited: