When do you think you will next play golf?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I just can't see clubs opening as a single. Don't think the foot fall would warrent bringing the staff in?

I think members can understand. It being able to play if government closes.

I think clubs would alienate members if they Bascially said, "sorry you're not making us any money so we won't open for you, but thanks for the fees that helped during our ordered closure"

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think members can understand. It being able to play if government closes.

I think clubs would alienate members if they Bascially said, "sorry you're not making us any money so we won't open for you, but thanks for the fees that helped during our ordered closure"
I completely agree. I can either see golf having specific rules regarding 2 or 3 balls or clubs concentrating on making up 9 holes to a high standard. I suppose it depends on the financial situation for each club

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
For private members clubs, playing or not playing won't make any difference to the clubs income, seemingly no visitors allowed and clubhouses will be closed anyway.:cry:

Doodle

Visit site
All a bit of a mess really.
Wales = no golf
Scotland = no golf
England = golf ok solo or a household member, but not a mate.
Yet it's ok to walk around the course with a mate for exercise whilst social distancing as long as you don't play golf with them.
Like I said, it's a mess.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wales = no golf
Scotland = no golf
Yet it's ok to walk around the course with a mate for exercise whilst social distancing as long as you don't play golf with them.
I thought all exercise and activity remained in household groups and so cannot walk around a course with a mate for exercise. All of this is based simply on keeping households seperate as much as possible. All this has done today is allow individual households more freedom in what they can do, it remains that social interaction between households should be minimal

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wales = no golf
Scotland = no golf
Sounded like the start of a Proclaimer's song :love:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I thought all exercise and activity remained in household groups and so cannot walk around a course with a mate for exercise. All of this is based simply on keeping households seperate as much as possible. All this has done today is allow individual households more freedom in what they can do, it remains that social interaction between households should be minimal

Absolutely understand what you're saying here Greg but......
Got word this morning through social media that our local range is reopening Wednesday. The bays are far enough apart, they have hand sanitizer etc etc etc....
I can go there and be 2-3 metres away from 2 other households in a semi enclosed area.
I struggling see the logic in allowing this when 2 people from different households can't walk in a field playing golf.
In food shops - understand that, it's a necessity but now businesses are starting to reopen and it doesn't make a lot of sense.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I just can't see clubs opening as a single. Don't think the foot fall would warrent bringing the staff in?

We're a members only club, and have been paying our fees to support the club in this rather challenging time. I don't think it wrong to expect them to open as soon as possible allowing the members that can play, to play.

I would expect clubs will only go with single golfers only - more manageable than having various size groups on the course.

I hope not, be pointless me taking three single slots so myself, mrs Wedge and junior can all play as singles. Any singles behind us will still take the same amount of time to follow us around, whereas, we can always let someone through if they are pushing to be quick, and there's a gap between us and the person in front. Personally, I'm going to take my time and savour being back on the course.

PaulS

Visit site
We're a members only club, and have been paying our fees to support the club in this rather challenging time. I don't think it wrong to expect them to open as soon as possible allowing the members that can play, to play.

I hope not, be pointless me taking three single slots so myself, mrs Wedge and junior can all play as singles. Any singles behind us will still take the same amount of time to follow us around, whereas, we can always let someone through if they are pushing to be quick, and there's a gap between us and the person in front. Personally, I'm going to take my time and savour being back on the course.

Most golf courses are 90% singles

You have a day were there are 100 single tee time’s booked and one or two groups in the middle as two or 3 balls , that would create a nightmare with groups starting to bunch up , hold ups on the course , tee times slipping. It would create a social distancing nightmare

The only way you can have groups of more than 1 is to allow the groups to go off last , if not then it has to be single bookings only to satisfy the majority of the membership who do not have a member of their household to be able to play with.

Jcrossley94

Visit site
Most golf courses are 90% singles

You have a day were there are 100 single tee time’s booked and one or two groups in the middle as two or 3 balls , that would create a nightmare with groups starting to bunch up , hold ups on the course , tee times slipping. It would create a social distancing nightmare

The only way you can have groups of more than 1 is to allow the groups to go off last , if not then it has to be single bookings only to satisfy the majority of the membership who do not have a member of their household to be able to play with.

Surely we can trust people to allow others to play through maintaining an appropriate social distance ? Will have the same problem for fast vs slow singles