When do you think you will next play golf?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Several reports that we will be allowed to meet with one person from a different household as long as the 2 metre gap is observed.
Obviously there will be conformation or not of that in the document that comes out tomorrow but if its the case then 2 balls will be ok.

I think when the SOS states solo/household, then that will be an initial condition, at least for 3 weeks to see if there’s any spikes from these new measures.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Now I’m really confused. Some clarity is now being provided, and the rolling reports on Sky News are suggesting that golf courses will be allowed to reopen from Wednesday providing social distancing is maintained.

I suppose the devil will be in the detail.

B443D3C3-F117-4EA1-B8AD-30DBA06D207F.jpeg

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
We've just had email from Club saying they expect to open on Wednesday (but we'll have to shepherd all the walkers back on to the public footpaths!)

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Now I’m really confused. Some clarity is now being provided, and the rolling reports on Sky News are suggesting that golf courses will be allowed to reopen from Wednesday providing social distancing is maintained.

I suppose the devil will be in the detail.

View attachment 30586

Boris said the words ‘sport’ and ‘Wednesday’ in his speech?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Boris said the words ‘sport’ and ‘Wednesday’ in his speech?

But as I recall referred also specifically to that sport being with members of your household.

And having spent the last seven weeks with only HID for company, I’m certainly not taking her to the golf course. It would be the end of me.

?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
the real interesting thing is, and I think the answer is no, are the ranges and practice areas open as well?

Interesting point. Most ranges would meet social distancing once you are on there but I wonder about paying and receiving a token to get balls. Shops still taking cash (reluctantly) so I guess its feasible. I am sure mot would want to open especially if golf clubs re-open. I've two nearby so I'll check their websites tomorrow for their take on it.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
EG statement.

In conjunction with The R&A, home nations, PGA and other industry partners, England Golf has jointly released the following statement.

The UK Government has announced that golf will be able to resume in England on Wednesday, 13 May 2020. All outdoor sport must be done alone or within a household group and that includes golf. There is no change to the current position in Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales and so golf courses in these countries must remain closed for now.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
My wife just did a quick count. There are at least 20 couples in our club who play. And I can identify at least 10 father/son or brother/brother households.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Will be interested to see how clubs now manage this. Most will be solo golfers so roughly 60 people out a day (maybe the 10 minute proposal will change with solo golfers) so, being fair to all members you may get out once every 10 days at some clubs. Without any rules in place, if you are not quick on the keyboard, you may not get out at all. What about those still working full time, key workers, frontline staff who may not be able to get online quick enough to book or may be only able to play at weekends.

Going to be interesting to see how clubs handle that fairly for all members. Will all clubs open with such limitations on who can play.