When do you think you will next play golf?

PaulS

Visit site
Well looks like it a bit of a mixed message at the moment

Exercise and sport outdoor unlimited from outdoor alone or with someone from your household he said but mentioned parks

Then further reports suggest golf and fishing with others but continuing to adhere to social distancing

Guess England Golf will clear it up

sunshine

Visit site
There are hoops in parks, especially around London, so you can obviously shoot hoops on your own, but can now play one-on-one in a public place with a member of your own household as it involves contact.
I’m aware that there are hoops in parks, just thought (1) it’s still pretty uncommon compared to kicking a ball about, and (2) wasn’t it possible to do this in an open park before anyway?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
So as we can now undertake unlimited exercise what is to stop me going to a local recreational field with a club and a tube of balls and practice my chipping and pitching even if course doesn't open up?

And if i can do this what is to stop me from arranging to meet a mate of mine at the same time so he can do the same as long as we respect the distancing rules?

If both of these are ok then why would it not be possible to play doubles with none family members at the local course?
The first bit sounds fine, then you move to arranging a social interaction with another household which is not. It is the separation of households that is the relevant part. That is the same for everything. Yes, it may have seemed pointless to some as it remains possible to be coincidentally bear other people but once you allow arranged social interaction between households you open up the door to no end if options and fully end the lockdown. Why, for example, should you be able to play golf with another household and socially distance and I cannot have a mate round for beers in the garden or gyms have outdoor sessions, or households walk dogs together. Golf is not unique from any of these things.

sunshine

Visit site
People (families) were already kicking a ball around on the grass but all BB courts here were taped off. I assume they will be opened again?

This explains it. Thanks.

Haven’t left my village since lockdown so not witnessed much of lockdown Britain!

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Course should be pretty clear .. all back to work, home or if the employer has a safe environment. Just need Boris to put an age limit on it and bing bang bong I am on course ? bet you I go round the lowest I have ever round my current course and that will be my last round for the year

5OTT

Visit site
The first bit sounds fine, then you move to arranging a social interaction with another household which is not. It is the separation of households that is the relevant part. That is the same for everything. Yes, it may have seemed pointless to some as it remains possible to be coincidentally bear other people but once you allow arranged social interaction between households you open up the door to no end if options and fully end the lockdown. Why, for example, should you be able to play golf with another household and socially distance and I cannot have a mate round for beers in the garden or gyms have outdoor sessions, or households walk dogs together. Golf is not unique from any of these things.

I agree but as an example I know a guy who I work with who already arranges to go shopping at the same time as his sister so they can chat in the queue while waiting to go inside.

Everything is open to abuse, but i understand where you are coming from

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The way I look at it there are many many activities which if done carefully would be fine and not lead to an uptick in infections. For each of these activities however there will be some fraction of violations of social distancing, some careless, some by accident, some malicious. It is these potential spread points which it is important to minimise. The singleton or single household conditions provide a sensible first step to keep a lid on such cross-household contacts.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
This explains it. Thanks.

Haven’t left my village since lockdown so not witnessed much of lockdown Britain!

Larmens said it for me, lots of courts locked here in Coventry and around London where I am almost daily, so now they’ll possibly open, most were locked when everyone initially ignored the early lockdown guidelines and flooded the parks.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Doesn’t matter anyhow if it is official or not. Golf England will get some say into it, hopefully after getting clear official advise from the government

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
So as we can now undertake unlimited exercise what is to stop me going to a local recreational field with a club and a tube of balls and practice my chipping and pitching even if course doesn't open up?

Ones near us have permanent signs saying no golf allowed.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Several reports that we will be allowed to meet with one person from a different household as long as the 2 metre gap is observed.
Obviously there will be conformation or not of that in the document that comes out tomorrow but if its the case then 2 balls will be ok.