When do you think you will next play golf?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I can't see how golf courses would be prepared to open up to just have one ball players, (and their family perhaps) out on the course. The Greenkeepers will have tees and flags to put in, and the greens to get into shape. Maybe in seven days time, IF we are to interpret that Boris's comments do indeed include golf.
He said "from Wednesday "...not ON Wednesday if the course cant be prepared in time for Wednesday then the course opens Thursday...or Friday...or whenever.

Mick68

Visit site
You're constantly going on about how you should be allowed to play golf.
We all want to play golf.
What is the point of repeating the same whingeing on here?
Send it to your MP.
I don't think only I should be allowed to play golf I think everybody should. Pointing out how ludicrous the situation is is justifiable. You're the only person who seems to have a problem with it. Just ignore my posts from now on or block them if you must.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I can't see how golf courses would be prepared to open up to just have one ball players, (and their family perhaps) out on the course. The Greenkeepers will have tees and flags to put in, and the greens to get into shape. Maybe in seven days time, IF we are to interpret that Boris's comments do indeed include golf.
My home course was ready to play on Friday, it was already cut and prepared and on Friday they put the flags back in and the tee markers out. They have already altered the BRS to reflect the new tee times and the fact that we will have two courses of ten holes each open. We will only be allowed to play ten holes per day in order to accomodate as many members as possible.
It won't make any difference if it is one, two, three or four balls everything is already in place.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Doing the maths, if it's 1 balls every 10 minutes and 9 holes only, we could probably play once every 3 days...
If my wife caddied, would that count as sport with the family?

Mick68

Visit site
I think I'm justified pointing out how pointless it is for you to repeat the same whingeing day after day after day when there's probably nobody here who disagrees with you.
Feel free to ignore my posts or block me ?
I don't repeat it day after day as you suggest but only when there's a reason for it. We've just had a statement from the prime minister which doesn't make any sense when it comes to social distancing in a park as opposed to a golf course. I think it's reasonable to point that out. Also when I first came on this site most people disagreed with me when I said I thought we should be able to play golf and you were one of the loudest. You seem to have changed your tune now. I won't block you as I don't mind differences of opinion but I do mind being told I can't give my opinion.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Singles and household only just won't work imo. If I was a betting man I'd say stand by for some golf specific guidelines in the next few days. Borris wouldn't have had time to go into specifics on tv

As Laura stated, there’s 50 odd pages to fill in the gaps, but I expect in any circumstances, some clubs may open sooner than others, or, England golf will recommend to clubs they open booking of tee times on xyz day and open the course 3-5 days later, possibly longer, to allow the greens staff to prepare the course that little bit better, whilst also highlighting and allowing time for each club to announce their specifics guidelines.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Basketball? Strange one to single out

There are hoops in parks, especially around London, so you can obviously shoot hoops on your own, but can now play one-on-one in a public place with a member of your own household as it involves contact.

5OTT

Visit site
So as we can now undertake unlimited exercise what is to stop me going to a local recreational field with a club and a tube of balls and practice my chipping and pitching even if course doesn't open up?

And if i can do this what is to stop me from arranging to meet a mate of mine at the same time so he can do the same as long as we respect the distancing rules?

If both of these are ok then why would it not be possible to play doubles with none family members at the local course?