When do you think you will next play golf?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
does that mean they stuck a load of bunkers in the middle of the fairway on most holes at 230 to 250 off the medals tee's:unsure:??

thats what they have done at Nairn and Bruntsfield:ROFLMAO:
I've no problem if they do that on a few/several holes, especially if it's to 'require a risk/reward decision' by the golfer. Certainly a way to 'manage' the shot to the green on Par 4s without having to acquire more land!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 3432

does that mean they stuck a load of bunkers in the middle of the fairway on most holes at 230 to 250 off the medals tee's:unsure:??

thats what they have done at Nairn and Bruntsfield:ROFLMAO:
Most forum members will carry those easily, even into the wind :ROFLMAO:

You must be short if they're in play you you ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Most forum members will carry those easily, even into the wind :ROFLMAO:

You must be short if they're in play you you ;)
Alas i am, all the bunkers are in a position for the very back tee's, off the white they are all on a good drive for me and 90% of the members can't carry them, but big hitters fly them easily. it appears to be M&E 's thing:(

Wildboy370

skiptongolfclub.co.uk
Yes, Burgham Park. It's developed since you would have played it. Trees have grown, given it shape etc but it is still quite open. The houses are still there but the footballers have moved on ?. They are now in Tranwell Woods or the classic Darrass Hall in Ponteland. The houses are still nice, just not big or nice enough for the modern millionaire footballer ?.

That sounds positive about the open ?

Always enjoyed playing there. Was our stop over as part of Northumberland Golf tours. Stopped at Burgham on way up then stayed Seahouses. Does the guy who owns it all still live in big house and run bar etc or did he sell up making a few quid ?
Played Morpeth but found the fairways on few odd being all rolling across.. some lovely courses in your area. One of guys I work with lives in Gosforth and know Captain of Newcastle golf club so hoping to play there when can this year. Any good ?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If England opens golf courses and Wales keeps them closed, could be an interesting twist for Llanymynech Golf Club that has some holes in Wales and most in England:LOL:

was a course somewhere think it was germany where half the course was in one region the other half in another region, when they reopened they could only open one of the 9 holes as the 2 regions had different rules!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
If England opens golf courses and Wales keeps them closed, could be an interesting twist for Llanymynech Golf Club that has some holes in Wales and most in England:LOL:
Cant remember which two countries are involved but there was a report of a shop that was half half roped off because the border went straight down the middle of the shop.
One country was open, the other closed...
Would make it interesting for sure...

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
was a course somewhere think it was germany where half the course was in one region the other half in another region, when they reopened they could only open one of the 9 holes as the 2 regions had different rules!
There's a course in Belgium and the Netherlands. It would be interesting to see what happens there if the two countries end up with differing rules :)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Always enjoyed playing there. Was our stop over as part of Northumberland Golf tours. Stopped at Burgham on way up then stayed Seahouses. Does the guy who owns it all still live in big house and run bar etc or did he sell up making a few quid ?
Played Morpeth but found the fairways on few odd being all rolling across.. some lovely courses in your area. One of guys I work with lives in Gosforth and know Captain of Newcastle golf club so hoping to play there when can this year. Any good ?
Long, rambling PM sent but in case anyone is following the answers:

No he doesn't, there is a new owner but no money was made from it.

Agree re Morpeth, very irritating indeed.

Haven't played it but it is well regarded so I'm sure you will enjoy it. There are probably people on here who have played it and can tell you more.