When do you think you will next play golf?

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lucky to hit a fairway before June.
I’d be surprised if it was before September/October time. No point opening everything up only to let it all flare up again.
Got to take into account the w4nksp4ngle5 who think they’re entitled to do whatever they want because nothing applies to them.
Personally, I’d equip every homeowner who lives alongside a golf course with sniper rifles. Just think of the benefits to society ?

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Who is that aimed at?

Those who are stupid/entitled enough to think they are important enough to be the exception to the rules. Those that are so stupid they are actually posting it online so everyone can see how much of a **** they are.

I've had covid (99%), there is no reason I can't be outside as we understand the virus. I'm hunkered down just like everyone else, them the rules.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
First registered case in China = Dec 31st. Draconian lockdown, way above and beyond what the UK has imposed. China are barely relaxing their lockdown now, and only for those that have had no contact with C19.

Maybe the end of June, probably the end of August....… 2021.

ferenezejohn

Visit site
Best guess middle of next year.

Can't see it happening this summer, winter the NHS will he overrun with flu nevermind the corona virus.

Vaccine would be a year even with shortcuts, maybe if people who've had it get an immunity then a serum inoculation to provide temporary immunity may get it going earlier.
The NHS is almost running at capacity most winters, obviously this virus on top of normal winter bugs is sending the NHS into meltdown.
Let's hope the measures taken will impact on the spread of flu as which will also help alleviate the pressure on the NHS.
Flu itself has no bearing when we get back to golf, that will happen when this present virus is under control.
When people can't even visit elderly relatives in care homes, or those hospitalised, how must people feel when loved ones are dying and they can't even see them.
Golf can wait far more important things to get on with.

carldudley

Visit site
Call me a grass if you will but I had to call the ranger yesterday while out for my one exercise of the day.

Couple of chaps playing golf on the common (why we've left the flags in i do not know), they were not observing the 2-metre separation and if they'd have hit someone, which is highly likely on our course, they wouldn't have been insured.

Pretty sure they weren't from either of the clubs that use the course, but if they were I hope they have their membership revoked.

Yeah, it sucks not playing, or even going to the range, but we need to be sensible if we're going to get on top of this virus.

sunshine

Visit site
I’d be surprised if it was before September/October time. No point opening everything up only to let it all flare up again.
Got to take into account the w4nksp4ngle5 who think they’re entitled to do whatever they want because nothing applies to them.
Personally, I’d equip every homeowner who lives alongside a golf course with sniper rifles. Just think of the benefits to society ?

Now you're talking like a proper American! I read sales of guns are up 70% in the US, don't know how many of them live next to a golf course.

Springveldt

Visit site
I'll be surprised if courses are open before July tbh. Just like I'm expecting the kids not to go back till school until September now.

I had to do a supermarket run this morning before work as we didn't panic buy and are now out of a few things like bread, eggs, fresh meat etc. Also had to get some stuff for the MIL who is now housebound for 12 weeks. Pleasant surprise at the supermarket, they are limiting numbers in and out and everyone was respecting a 2 metre gap while waiting to get in, took about 10 minutes to get in the shop. Shelves full, could get whatever you wanted with no issues.
Anyway, the drive over to the supermarket is down a country road about 2 miles long and I'm lucky if I ever see more than 1 person along that road. This morning I passed about 15 "joggers", one of them looked like they had squeezed into clothes they last wore in the 80's and about 30 people walking dogs. Mental.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I'd hope that things will get back to normal activity with precautions towards the end of April.

Issue is that the bar for stuff to re-open is probably higher than it was to close. Likely that we will see gradual introduction of business activity... shops, barbers, dentists etc. that might be allowed to reopen before the likes of gyms and golf courses.

Also issue is the time lag. So at the moment this weeks action, or even last weeks isn't having a big impact on no. of cases or deaths. It will take about 14 days for this to become effective and really see if things have worked, or are working. So my guess is that this time lag is going to mean a wait at the other end before they really see a true picture of how on top of things we are, or otherwise.

Siolag

Visit site
Call me a grass if you will but I had to call the ranger yesterday while out for my one exercise of the day.

Couple of chaps playing golf on the common (why we've left the flags in i do not know), they were not observing the 2-metre separation and if they'd have hit someone, which is highly likely on our course, they wouldn't have been insured.

Pretty sure they weren't from either of the clubs that use the course, but if they were I hope they have their membership revoked.

Yeah, it sucks not playing, or even going to the range, but we need to be sensible if we're going to get on top of this virus.

Frankly, I'd do exactly the same. Behaviour like that will lead to it being a longer period of lockdown.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
That just isn't practical is it. Some people have tiny flats and no gardens. Do you expect them to run around in a tight circle 150 times? I'm a bit gutted that all my usual avenues of exercise are curtailed, but I'm grateful I can still go for a run - not massively enjoyable but a small saving grace in the absence of anything else. If I couldn't even do that I'd go mad.

The expectation is, that no matter the size of your house or flat, you stay inside, apart from the guidelines that have been provided.

Running is not the only form of exercise.

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It really depends on results at the end of the lockdown. If they are dropping we may well be released but there will be a rise again after that. There is going to be an up and down of numbers that gets smaller with each cycle but only if these measures are working.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I'd hope that things will get back to normal activity with precautions towards the end of April.

Issue is that the bar for stuff to re-open is probably higher than it was to close. Likely that we will see gradual introduction of business activity... shops, barbers, dentists etc. that might be allowed to reopen before the likes of gyms and golf courses.

Also issue is the time lag. So at the moment this weeks action, or even last weeks isn't having a big impact on no. of cases or deaths. It will take about 14 days for this to become effective and really see if things have worked, or are working. So my guess is that this time lag is going to mean a wait at the other end before they really see a true picture of how on top of things we are, or otherwise.

April - pie in the sky talk!

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
April - pie in the sky talk!

I'm not so sure. We are in a 3 week lockdown. Give that another 10 to 14 days to assess if that has worked and project the strain on the NHS, takes us to week of 27th April. Personally would be hugely surprised if we are not back to some kind of normal after 5 weeks, or at least into May.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm not so sure. We are in a 3 week lockdown. Give that another 10 to 14 days to assess if that has worked and project the strain on the NHS, takes us to week of 27th April. Personally would be hugely surprised if we are not back to some kind of normal after 5 weeks, or at least into May.
I hope you're right. It seems to me that the country won't be able to sustain this regime for more than a month. I'd be surprised if there weren't some changes at the end of this 3 week period, and hopefully outdoor exercise and activities will be the crumb we're thrown as they are so low risk.
We'll see. By the end of the week I'm sure everything will have changed again.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
i think we'll get a least another 5 weeks ontop. imo the prime minister said 3 weeks to keep calm. If he'd said 8 weeks I think there would have been mass panic