When do you think you will next play golf?

D

Deleted member 16999

That just isn't practical is it. Some people have tiny flats and no gardens. Do you expect them to run around in a tight circle 150 times? I'm a bit gutted that all my usual avenues of exercise are curtailed, but I'm grateful I can still go for a run - not massively enjoyable but a small saving grace in the absence of anything else. If I couldn't even do that I'd go mad.
Do you normally run? If so I get your frustration, these are extraordinary times, but I’m more on about those who are looking for excuses to go out and there are loads of videos on Social Media sites giving free fitness classes. You don’t need to run to get or keep fit.

PS Have a look at the guy who ran a marathon on his balcony.;)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Do you normally run? If so I get your frustration, these are extraordinary times, but I’m more on about those who are looking for excuses to go out and there are loads of videos on Social Media sites giving free fitness classes. You don’t need to run to get or keep fit.

PS Have a look at the guy who ran a marathon on his balcony.;)
Yeah obviously people will try and take the mick. I'm just saying Boris had to leave the small caveat of going out for exercise for those reasons. I think going out for a run isn't purely for physical benefit, it's mental health benefit as well of not feeling like you're a prisoner in your own home - and the health benefit of daylight as well of course. Horses for courses though, some people are quite happy not to leave their homes whereas others can't stand it.

SGC001

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Best guess middle of next year.

Can't see it happening this summer, winter the NHS will he overrun with flu nevermind the corona virus.

Vaccine would be a year even with shortcuts, maybe if people who've had it get an immunity then a serum inoculation to provide temporary immunity may get it going earlier.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Best guess middle of next year.

Can't see it happening this summer, winter the NHS will he overrun with flu nevermind the corona virus.

Vaccine would be a year even with shortcuts, maybe if people who've had it get an immunity then a serum inoculation to provide temporary immunity may get it going earlier.
On the plus side, we should be seeing the start of a drop off in flu/pneumonia (although we are still getting them in) so the winter pressures should ease freeing up resources for the Covid-19 fight. That said I don't think we'll see anything like that peak until early to mid-May and it's possible we may not see any form of decline, certainly to the degrees of China until August or September at the very best. Personally I think you can write off the summer golfing and hope for an Indian summer in September or October

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
The problem with this selfish attitude, is what makes you the special one to have an exemption? Imagine if everyone took the same attitude so the course was full, or whatever other venues or activities they choose?

This is what spoils it for everyone. In theory, a full lockdown is unnecessary but in practice, a lot of people only care about themselves, so it has to be mandated.
Of course if everyone had this attitude there would be no lockdown as they couldn't do anything about it if hundreds of thousands of people decided not to play ball

big_matt

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Some of the posts on these recent threads sadly show what a pathetic, selfish nation we have become.

Despite a rising death toll, rapidly increasing unemployment, and people not even able to attend funerals of those they are close to, we have grown men throwing their toys out the pram because they cant play golf for a bit!

In terms of the original question - id guess they might allow more activity in a few months should the cases show significant reduction.