When do you think you will next play golf?

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
You're course is still open? England golf closed all courses, guess you will be sneaking on.

I've not renewed my membership as yet, I will do once this is all sorted and there is some level of normality, but when that will be who knows.
No closed as of last night, i drove by and saw 2 seniors playing this morning

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Then you are going to be the idiot that ruins if for everyone..
Courses are closed for a reason.
So a single person cant walk a course for fear of infection but I can receive post, go to tesco, enter my corner shop even get a meal delivered but I cant walk 3 miles in an open space

Wolf

Visit site
So a single person cant walk a course for fear of infection but I can receive post, go to tesco, enter my corner shop even get a meal delivered but I cant walk 3 miles in an open space
So government guidelines and national bodies ruling your course telling all members its closed don't apply to you then..

I hope the course management take action to show nobody is above abiding by sanctions put in place.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Without sounding condescending but what part of "course closed" and "stay at home" dont you understand?
We'd all like to go out and play solo but with courses closed and the advice being to stay indoors as much as possible.....we can't

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am realistic.
This virus is here to stay until they can develop a vaccine which they say will take 12-18 months.

What they are doing at the moment is just trying to slow the spread down so the NHS can cope.

Only if they see a marked slow down in cases will we get back to playing golf and I would be surprised if that is in 3 weeks time.

Pocket billiards anybody?

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site

The problem with this selfish attitude, is what makes you the special one to have an exemption? Imagine if everyone took the same attitude so the course was full, or whatever other venues or activities they choose?

This is what spoils it for everyone. In theory, a full lockdown is unnecessary but in practice, a lot of people only care about themselves, so it has to be mandated.

Siolag

Visit site
I will be optimistic and say toward the end of May.

I can imagine there will be people caught on our course, as there were people caught when the course was flooded, who hadn't started anywhere near the clubhouse and then said they didn't know it was closed.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I'm going for October. Any sooner will be a bonus.

So far this morning I've rationed myself to just a wee bit of weeding and cut the front grass. Will do more weeding tomorrow afternoon if I can be bothered. Gonna have a beautiful garden this spring/early summer.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Fingers crossed the most recent measures have the desired effect and we can get back out on the course by June/July. But will just have to wait and see.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I'm going for October. Any sooner will be a bonus.

So far this morning I've rationed myself to just a wee bit of weeding and cut the front grass. Will do more weeding tomorrow afternoon if I can be bothered. Gonna have a beautiful garden this spring/early summer.
Same here, i hate Gardening, but by the looks of things i will have F all else to do. not sure i will even be able to go shooting up my mates woods, wouldn't be able to drive there, so would have to walk... carrying a shotgun, i would get Rupert to carry it by doesn't have a licence;)

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Folks saying 'I can't do this, I can't do that... etc' looking for loopholes are completely missing the point.

You shouldn't go and play golf. The courses are shut!

4 reasons you should leave the house
* For work if essential and you can't work from home
* For exercise 1 hour a day - walk, run, cycle
* For food or medical supplies, no more than once a day
* For own medical reasons or to take care of someone else

It's not difficult. If you think an exception should be made for golf, then you are being completely stupid and selfish. You have no idea if you are infected, how you might contaminate something or someone or what might happen if making an unnecessary journey to the golf course.

The quicker new cases stop / slow and hospitals have things under control then the quicker things will go back to normal.

If this is drawn out over a few months because people haven't been, and continue not, heeding advice or guidance, then it's only going to get a lot worse!

D

Deleted member 16999

Folks saying 'I can't do this, I can't do that... etc' looking for loopholes are completely missing the point.

You shouldn't go and play golf. The courses are shut!

4 reasons you should leave the house
* For work if essential and you can't work from home
* For exercise 1 hour a day - walk, run, cycle
* For food or medical supplies, no more than once a day
* For own medical reasons or to take care of someone else

It's not difficult. If you think an exception should be made for golf, then you are being completely stupid and selfish. You have no idea if you are infected, how you might contaminate something or someone or what might happen if making an unnecessary journey to the golf course.

The quicker new cases stop / slow and hospitals have things under control then the quicker things will go back to normal.

If this is drawn out over a few months because people haven't been, and continue not, heeding advice or guidance, then it's only going to get a lot worse!
I fully agree people shouldn’t be playing Golf.
Question: what if you live next to a field or the course that has practise facilities, what’s the harm in taking a Club and hitting a few balls for an hour for exercise?

Answer: Common sense, don’t do it.

Problem is, imo, telling people they can go for a run, ride a bike etc has got people looking for loopholes.

The bit in bold should be for dog walking only. No other reason to go outside, stay in your garden, exercise at home.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
If I play at all this summer, I will be a happy man. Our course has sent out notice that it is closed until further notice. Yesterday they sent an email out advising that we had till 1pm today to get our stuff out of the locker room. This morning we had an email saying that with immediate effect the course and clubhouse is closed. My winter carry bag and set are in the locker so there they stay till things turn around. At least my main clubs are in the garage.
Yes, I'd love to get out to play golf but the safety of my family is far more important than going out to hit a few golf balls.
As I said in another thread, some people will always look at loopholes and excuses if they think the rules shouldn't apply to them. That they know better than the experts.
I imagine in Italy and Spain, a lot of people there felt the same, that it wouldn't get this bad.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I fully agree people shouldn’t be playing Golf.
Question: what if you live next to a field or the course that has practise facilities, what’s the harm in taking a Club and hitting a few balls for an hour for exercise?

Answer: Common sense, don’t do it.

Problem is, imo, telling people they can go for a run, ride a bike etc has got people looking for loopholes.

The bit in bold should be for dog walking only. No other reason to go outside, stay in your garden, exercise at home.
That just isn't practical is it. Some people have tiny flats and no gardens. Do you expect them to run around in a tight circle 150 times? I'm a bit gutted that all my usual avenues of exercise are curtailed, but I'm grateful I can still go for a run - not massively enjoyable but a small saving grace in the absence of anything else. If I couldn't even do that I'd go mad.