PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I believe I could get to 18 with work and more playing

I got to 26 last year.. doesn’t sound low but I had been 28 for blooming years

This week I’ve broken 26 twice.. hit 24 over today 25 over Monday

Even with a few errors and a blob

Few more practices and I’ll be down to 24 hopefully by end of season

I know compared to people on here 18 doesn’t seem very ambitious but I have never been very sporty

D

Deleted member 1147

I hit it well, with a good swing speed, so distance isn't too much of an issue. I have pretty good hands for the short game, as well.
My weaknesses can be keeping it in play off the tee and being a negative (or poor) putter.

If I can keep it straight and hole out better than average I should be able to score in the 60's pretty regularly.

I've just never managed to put together a good long game and good short game in the same round, yet!

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
First playing handicap was 21 and got down to 13 after 3 years of regular play. I was having lessons, practicing and playing 2-3 rounds of golf a week. I reckon I’d have got to single figures although how low I have no idea.

Then family took over, new baby the amount of golf was reduced significantly, once a month type level. 4 years on I’m only just getting the time to play semi-regularly, around once a fortnight or so. Handicap has lapsed however I’d imagine it’s around 18 ish.

Played with the old man at his place on Good Friday and played the front 9 in 4 over gross, second 9 the wheels came off although still played to 16 which I was happy about as I’ve played other recent rounds and wouldn’t have played to 24!

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
This thread is clearly evident that no one is playing at our think there playing at their best/potential. It's not a job for us and if it where then we would all quickly realise our potential or lack of. Life gets in the way of actualizing our best in most things. It's that simple. Most of us have many balls in the air and as a result we will do all things competently but not one exceedingly well.

Pro golfers are lucky to be able to dedicate 30-60 hours a week at golf.

The most annoying thing is that most of us get more time to dedicate to golf as we age but with that aging comes natural restrictions. Seems to me that propensity to play good golf is wasted on the young, a little like youth. Give it to those who have the time and wisdom to make good use of it

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
This thread is clearly evident that no one is playing at our think there playing at their best/potential. It's not a job for us and if it where then we would all quickly realise our potential or lack of. Life gets in the way of actualizing our best in most things. It's that simple. Most of us have many balls in the air and as a result we will do all things competently but not one exceedingly well.

Pro golfers are lucky to be able to dedicate 30-60 hours a week at golf.

The most annoying thing is that most of us get more time to dedicate to golf as we age but with that aging comes natural restrictions. Seems to me that propensity to play good golf is wasted on the young, a little like youth. Give it to those who have the time and wisdom to make good use of it

Nail on head.

If we could all work full time on our game, with proper coaching, practice facilities and equipment then I think all of us could play excellent golf. I'm sure I could be + handicapper. But with work, family other commitments it means I can 't really train, and just play for enjoyment

peld

Visit site
my best round was 78 (on a par 70), when i was a 16 hcp. i think with practice and a couple of lessons to give me consistency i could get to single figures. I played with a 5 hcp at the weekend and he wasnt doing anything special, just more consistent. I think getting from a say a 5 to scratch/under you either need mega talent or a lot of coaching and lessons and playing a lot.

*TQ*

Club Champion
Visit site
This thread is relevant to a thought I've been having recently; realistically what is the highest handicap where breaking par could be a possibility?

What's the highest handicap you have seen break par? I'm sure I've heard anecdotal tales of a 15 handicapper shooting level par although I'm not sure how true they are (friend of a friend type thing, possibly inaccurate handicap).

D

Deleted member 21258

This thread is relevant to a thought I've been having recently; realistically what is the highest handicap where breaking par could be a possibility?

What's the highest handicap you have seen break par? I'm sure I've heard anecdotal tales of a 15 handicapper shooting level par although I'm not sure how true they are (friend of a friend type thing, possibly inaccurate handicap).

First time I broke par on a social basis(never done it in a comp), my club handicap was about 16 or 18:eek:

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site

re the above post I did break par when off 13.9 four days later I wrecked my knee and am now playing off 18