What Now for Scottish Golf?

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I know of no organisation, other than 'financial' ones, that are using Chip and Pin on their membership cards.

Chip an Pin was implemented in UK 2006. The proposals for the CDH had been 'on the table' for a considerable amount of time before that - though it certainly took a long time to get done (2009?). Chip and Pin and CDH were never going to be associated!

Btw. It's not CDH that has caused the 'great white elephant' that has caused the need for a bail-out! Nor did CDH require SGU to 'spunk millions'!

It's really not an argument your just sticking your beak in to be pedantic as per usual.

My golf club has introduced swipe entry and swipe bar tab systems in the 1990's. It's not a new concept and the technology has been in place for years. We have now evolved to chip and pin, again not really difficult to understand.

When rolling out a "new" system you ensure that you "future proof" as much as possible so to dismiss the CDH cards to not be able to "swipe" (which I mentioned) is classic you being a sharp implement. The technology has been there, just apply a bit of forward thinking.

Call me out all you like but at least know what you are talking about.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
My golf club has introduced swipe entry and swipe bar tab systems in the 1990's. It's not a new concept and the technology has been in place for years. We have now evolved to chip and pin, again not really difficult to understand.
Sounds like a 'forward thinking' club - which one?

What services can the card be used for outside the Club?

Btw. Chip and Fingerprint has been around for a while too!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

Or the cynic says they should have implemented this properly and efficiently in the first place. The CDH card should have been made a "swipe" or "chip and pin" style card that allows you to enter any competition at any golf club without "entering" via a club secretary who then has admin to complete. It should also have incorporated a top up credit system where you can put money on it to pay entry fees at both monthly medal and open competition level.

Not too much to ask in today's age of technology.

Don’t you enter Open comps using the clubs website with your CDH ?

I believe there was talk at one stage of having your CDH details electronically on a card but didn’t go very far due to administrative issues and also cost and actually why it would be required. So now we do have county cards with CDH Numbers written on it and then entry into Opens is done via a website