What is your most memorable round of golf?

firestone

Hacker
Visit site
What is your most memorable round of golf?

I want to exclude the "I played Pebble"...etc...etc...for scenery reasons. Scenery/travel and exotic locals aside, what is your most memorable round of golf? Is yours because of who you played with, your score/good/bad..........or for other golf related or unrelated details??

ME?
My most memorable 18 hole round was NOT my best round. Go figure? I recently shot a career best round only weeks ago, and I already can't remember the details shot by shot. yes...I saved the scorecard, but the details are a big hazy...just saying. (I was up virtually all night the night before?)...is that why? LOL

My most memorable 18 hole round was one of those days (15+ years ago) when I played terrible from tee-green. I only hit 3 greens in regulation for God's sake. I sprayed it everywhere off the tee,but somehow got up/down from everywhere.....21 putts later it added up to a 4 over par 76. I still have the scorecard.

I was "in a game" that day with close/personal golfing friends(one reason to remember), and I gave them fits. They thought they had me hole after hole. I hit it in the trees, they played from the fairway... and they got whipped out from the shade. LOL...that round was a bunch of fun!! That day is still my career best putting round ever!! I didn't even hole any long putts....I chipped in twice from off the green and made everything inside of 10 feet. Playing with good friends from under the trees.....and making crazy saves all day long........
priceless

Fun golf stories, anyone?

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Re: What is your most memorable round of golf?

My most memorable round was shooting 49 points & gross 77 (my personal best) and walking away with a... bottle

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site

My memorable round was when I played South Leeds G.C. to par, I cannot remember the exact score but I shot 14 pars 2 birdies and 2 bogeys, best of all I was playing with my father and on the recommendation of the pro had changed from Ping eye2 irons to Mizuno TP11 blades. I remember my father saying "What the heck have you got those for,you will never be able to hit them" It was only my third round with them.

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

My most memorable has to of been the 2nd round in the club championship 2007. I was out with the 2 clossest to me after the 1st round. So I could see clearly what had to be done. It was almost like matchplay. I had a lead of 4 shots at 1 stage then that was down to 1 with 2 holes to go. Exciting stuff but very enjoyable.
I had a hole in 1 that round as well. So clearly stands out from all the other rounds I've played.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

Most memorable for me was the first time I played Bearwood Lakes in April of this year.
Fourball betterball, me and my mate versus two members. We had a cracking game that was so close all the way round.
Kept a Stableford card going as well and we all came off the 9th having scored 17 points. First time I have ever played where all 4 players had the same score and indicative of how close it all actually was.
We stood on the 18th tee all square and I commented that it would be good to finish like that, shame that somebody had to lose. But my mate had other ideas and capped a brilliant round with a fantastic birdie 3 for us to win one up.
At the end I totalled all the points up, the two members had 35 & 36 points, my mate also had 36 and I pipped them with 37.
The course was fantastic, the weather was superb, and the company was first class.
I don't think I will ever play a game like that again...I know I never had prior to that day.

Screwback

Tour Rookie
Visit site

My most memorable round of golf was a league match this year.

We were playing an away fixture to Burgham park who i think where 4th in the league at the time and it is a tough place to travel too. We knew 12 points (maximum) would take the league but a 10-2 would safice if our closest contenders dropped points.

All the matches went down the last and we won 10-2 we were thinkin at this point that we would have to take 2 points from the last game of the year but when the results where in we had won the league as bamburgh (2nd) had dropped the required number of points.

It was a great night and the best result for the club since the supposed dream team of 2000!!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

I loved my first time at Bearwood Lakes, more for the atmosphere of the place and the condition than the actual game itself. I've played with a few celebs in my time and they've always been good rounds but I think it has to be the time as junior when my regular partner and I (aged about 15) took on two guys who were regular matchplay winners at our club. I think we did them by a dog licence (7&6) and I went round in something like 70 (+2 off about 8) and my partner wasn't far behind (off about 10). I remember driving the 3rd for birdie, parring 4, driving 5 for a birdie and then drving 9 for eagle. In between my partner had birdied 6. The poor guys never stood a chance.

I have to be say I really enjoyed beating one of them as he was one of those guys that was full of it when it was going well but couldn't take it when he lost. The other guy was pretty cool about the whole thing and was a good bloke.

DMC

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

My most memorable round was the first time i played Royal Dornoch. It was late summer and we had a late afternoon tee time,it was a lovely summer evening,to be fair the scenery and the setting was better than the golf that was played,but the highlight was to see Tom Watson playing 2 groups in front of us. Talk about following in the footsteps of legends.

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site

Mines my one and only level par round at the end of September in a club medal. Memorable because it included 5 bogies & 5 birdies so what could have been!!
I was also playing with a borrowed set of clubs that I had never used before while my new ones were still on order.

SharkAttack

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

My best ever round has to be shooting 66 & 68 on the East & West courses at Dalmahoy G & C Club. Played with 3 maniacs who hired one buggy and refused to walk any more than 2 steps to their ball. Off they went zigzagging up the fairway what a laugh. It probably kept my mind off my score.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site

My first ever, I chopped it round Walton Hall Muni in Warrington in our cricket clubs annual society day. I came last by a country mile for which I got a wooden trophy, but, i won 2 nearest the pins and the longest drive . . . . . . . . . . . . hooked ever since

AnimalChin

Hacker
Visit site

mine was in march. visiting ireland for the 1st time with my dad and we played doonbeg on his 60th birthday and i got us on for close to nothing.

not my best round, but certainly my most memorable.

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk

Hard to pick one out of so many :D

I'd go for a local team match (greensomes) that me and my partner won from 3 down 4 to play. Also, winning a texas scramble with 17 under gross a couple of years ago. Not proper golf I know but will never forget needing an eagle up the last for 18 under !

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site

My most memorable round was the first time i played Royal Dornoch. It was late summer and we had a late afternoon tee time,it was a lovely summer evening,to be fair the scenery and the setting was better than the golf that was played,but the highlight was to see Tom Watson playing 2 groups in front of us. Talk about following in the footsteps of legends.

Snap! Royal Dornoch.

Played there this year in July - that week of nice weather. Played the Struie in the morning then tee'd off on the Championship at about 3:30. First two holes are a bit misleading, but when you go over the crest to the third tee and see the course stretch out below you - your jaw just hits the floor - or if it doesn't, you've got no soul. As the evening light comes in it's just fantastic.

I played quite tidy too - I don't think 96 was too bad for a 20 handicapper on one of the best courses in the world... Can't claim a Tom Watson though.