What do you think?

daveyc2k2

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hi Bob, all depends really. Lately I have found that I am actually hitting a bit of a draw, but that's due to a swing change. If I skip back to my old swing a bit more it tends to fade.

Think I was hitting mostly draws on that range session though

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Pretty good action through the ball although the swing does go left quite quickly after impact causing your balance issues.
But, as they say, if you are happy, don't fix it

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Hi Bob, all depends really. Lately I have found that I am actually hitting a bit of a draw, but that's due to a swing change. If I skip back to my old swing a bit more it tends to fade.

Think I was hitting mostly draws on that range session though

Im no expert like Bob, but that looks like a pull to me, a draw starts right and comes back yours are starting straight and going left.

Do you find yourself on the left side of everything, green/Fairway etc?

looks like you hit it ok though

daveyc2k2

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If you look closely there is a bunker / flag towards the left which was my target, so the ball was starting right of that and drawing back towards it. Not easy to spot though.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Bit of a loop going on in that swing. Perfectly usable. Take away outside and dropped inside.

Likely to play slight pulls at paddy is saying the path isn't far enough right and the face is not open enough at impact.

Last edited:

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
pretty decent motion.
all kinda depends though as to what the common issues are with the misses of solid contact - as in where they normally are on the face plus what are the common misses in relation to target both left to right & if there are a bunch that are oft times short.

difficult to tell over grip or alignment given the camera angle as there's a deal of parallax, but possible body lines aimed to the right of true target maybes while the face angle is leftfield some.

couple of things to consider maybes with posture, little too much knee flex, hands well down on the handle so going to limit the width of natural swing arc so motion could well feel cramped some - so not get optimum distance with a solid strike for the club used.
plus this also means the clubhead is a good ways 'toe up' - this often times means the face angle & loft is looking a little ways left.

first move away the arms/hands move outwards from the body turn, left arm loses connection with the chest, so the club taken out (but often times that's a ways better than dragging & hinging it inside some) but from the top there's a pretty good effort to drop it back down & many players can play well with the fig 8 loop - all depends how consistent it can be timed & put in the same area for delivery to impact.

so all depends on the shot outcomes overall, when on the range you hit a bunch of matt&ball?

difficult to tell exactly what's going on, a ways better to see both face on views with dtl views (shot from not so low down) but realize ranges do not always help with available room.

looks like the swing direction through impact favors leftfield given the twisted lead foot & the battle going on to keep balance.