What degree of Hybrid to buy?

Macca101

Visit site
So far this year I have bought the new Titliest 909 D2 driver 10.5 Stiff shaft and 909 F2 15.5 Stiff shaft clubs......very satisfied with both.

I am interested in buying the Hybrid version of this set and I was wondering which degree I should aim for so that my clubs will have a good wide range. I have had a Taylormade Rescue 19 degree which I can hit fairly long but there again I have never had a fairway club in my bag before. Would buying the Titliest 909 H 19 degree be too close to the fairway club I already have in my bag? Should I aim for a higher degree of hybrid?

My bag today has the following :

Titliest 909 D2 10.5 Driver
Titliest 909 F2 15.5 Fairway
Taylormade 19 Rescue
Ben Hogan Apex Edge 3 - E
Sandwedge
Lobwedge
Putter

This is probably going to come down to personal taste but if anyone can give me some kind of tips I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Mac

Brookesy

Head Pro
www.chippingsodburygolfclub.co.uk
Basically you want to try as many as you can, their should be a pro shop or a golf shop of some sorts where they will have different angles and shafts.

Just go in and ask if you can try some and hit some balls, even ask the pro if he could have a look at it, take special looks at the shape you are hitting them and trajectory but most important of all what you feel comftorable with!

Hope this helps :D

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Look at the lofts of the clubs you've got. More importantly look at the distances you A, hit them and B, want to hit them. Then find a hybrid loft that fills a gap. You don't say if you have a 5 wood or a 3 iron etc. A common set-up is :-
Driver
3 wood
5 wood
21 Hybrid
4-pw
etc etc

The hybrid replacing your 3 iron. If you're looking for more distance then the 19/18 degree would be the one.

SimonC

Head Pro
Visit site
The 19 degree would fit well between your 3 wood and 3 iron. I have a similar set up and the the 19 degree fills the gap perfectly. I love my 909h it's great from the rough or aff the deck. I use mine from the tee on tighter holes where you don't need too much length, it's a very versatile club.