• Pink / white

Votes: 10 8.2%
  • Yellow / black

Votes: 30 24.6%

• Total voters

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have very little experience of them but I and some of my mates know we would definitely not play with the yellow/black.

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
We're talking about a golf ball here that failed very quickly on me, it has put me off that model of ball, not the entire brand.

One ball model failed, so the whole model is bad...

If someone in a Ford Focus cuts you up, do you have an issue with all Ford Focus's ??

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Who's arguing ? I'm merely being devils advocate. To judge a whole model on one failure is far more ridiculous in my opinion.

The muslim argument is heard in many a pub and usually has a darker tone tbh. The car analogy wasnt comparable imo as it would be the driver that cut him up, Not the car itself.

Now if you said, “if you owned a focus and it kept breaking down, would you buy another”? I could see the logic to the question. Although I think it would also get the same answer. No

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
One ball model failed, so the whole model is bad...

If someone in a Ford Focus cuts you up, do you have an issue with all Ford Focus's ??
If a ball can split then there is something inherently wrong, there is nothing to suggest it won't happen again because it already has.
Bit before my time bud.

The Chrome Soft just isn't a premium ball in my opinion. The Project A is a better performing ball in my opinion.
This though I've always been a prov1 user and Callaway hasn't tempted me.
Who's arguing ? I'm merely being devils advocate. To judge a whole model on one failure is far more ridiculous in my opinion.
Trust in something breaks when let down, what's ridiculous?
The muslim argument is heard in many a pub and usually has a darker tone tbh. The car analogy wasnt comparable imo as it would be the driver that cut him up, Not the car itself.

Now if you said, “if you owned a focus and it kept breaking down, would you buy another”? I could see the logic to the question. Although I think it would also get the same answer. No
Absolutely, the moment something let's go you do become sceptical.

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Now if you said, “if you owned a focus and it kept breaking down, would you buy another”? I could see the logic to the question.

But his CS didn't KEEP breaking though, it broke once. You buy an apple and it's core is rotten, do you never buy another apple ? How many examples do you wish ?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
But his CS didn't KEEP breaking though, it broke once. You buy an apple and it's core is rotten, do you never buy another apple ? How many examples do you wish ?

That's a better example. I could go with that one, to a point. But, if you're a young child and the First apple you ever has is rotten, do you want another? Or do you stick with other fruit you've tried previously and liked.

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Indeed but we're not talking about a child, I presume bendy is a fully grown adult ? He is perfectly entitled to choose his ball after his own experiences but to poo poo a whole model on one bad ball ???

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Indeed but we're not talking about a child, I presume bendy is a fully grown adult ? He is perfectly entitled to choose his ball after his own experiences but to poo poo a whole model on one bad ball ???

What's wrong with that?

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I'll just add that the rest of them marked up quite badly, certainly faster than the Titleists. They are not as good as Callaway would have you pay/believe.

MartynB

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Found a yellow/black one on my round today. Love it, it’s now my precious, only coming out on par 3s 😁

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'll just add that the rest of them marked up quite badly, certainly faster than the Titleists. They are not as good as Callaway would have you pay/believe.

Personal opinions will always vary and I for one thing the chrome soft is a superb ball and every bit as good as the ProV. I am certainly not alone in this thought as I know many a low cap player to have shifted from ProV. Any I know playing it see zero or negligible difference in performance compared to the the more expensive Pro V. The price is the key here. I pay around £20/21 a dozen (using codes and vouchers) and buy bulk at that price. At that price no other ball compares....to me of course