What a week

barb

Head Pro
Visit site
Well, Just thought I'd share my week with you all.
I've had a slight change from the normal Mon to Fri work week and it was great :D.
Work Mon, Golf Tues, work Wed, golf Thurs, work Fri, golf Sat & Sun

The golf was very average (we had our annual county council challenge) but the company was superb and the weather has been excellent (forecast was rubbish), the suncream was on and I even managed to get abit of a tan (usually just go red then white again).
What more could you ask for? :D (other than more golf ;))

lets hope the forecast is wrong for the weekend aswell as we have our Captain's day on Sun

Anyone else had a good week?

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mine has been OK, finished work for summer hols, now have 8 weeks off. Planning to spend a few weeks on holiday and the rest joining a golf and sorting out my handicap.

Will keep you all updated with my progress.

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hi Barb - long time no hear?
Glad you had a good time.
Weather good here but windy.
Played best on WEdnesday which is often the way (first golf of the week) and scored 39 poinnts - really felt the lessons had paid off.
Thursday not so good, having problems with the irons, but 34 acceptable considering some bad holes.
Went out today unexpectedly - fabulous weather and NO WIND - got 13 points on front nine :eek: - following complete loss of confidence with everything except the driver.
Scrambled a par on the easy 10th and decided to get my act together. Put my mind to it and got 21 points on back nine ending 34 again. :D
Pretty pleased at getting myself back on track after such a bad start esp as I expect to lose points on the back nine. Not playing golf again until next week, so have salvaged some confidence. Will try to get to the range on Sunday to practise those irons.
Hope your weekend goes well.

AliB

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wednesday - July Medal - my best medal round (of three) (if only those 3 bad ones had been only doubles I would have been cut, so near)

Thursday - took the day off, went to the European Open

Friday - finished early, scratch 4-ball, my first ever 36 points - if only the short game was better, there are at minimum 6 strokes there.

Now - going down to practice the short stuff.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you read my own post, you'll know I was in Scotland for the week. Sunday to Wednesday my golf was a steady plummet downwards until Wednesday night I was ready to throw my clubs into the Firth of Clyde and was beginning to hate the game with a passion.

Decided on Thursday to leave the driver, all the woods and the three iron in the car. Thursday morning was best golf of week so far - then pm was even better. Friday - continuing the "woodless" plan - was the best yet. Had my best two rounds for about a year - scored 36 points in morning and 41 in afternoon. Even managed to get onto green in regulation on a 412yarder using only a 4 & 5 iron. Hurrah - what a great game! I'll not be selling the clubs any more.