What’s the ruling

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Played in a medal today. Long story short. 3 PP had walked off our 17th 180yd par 3 To the back of the green towards the 18th. My ball was behind the green. I chipped on. Got my putter and walked to the ball to putt out. Lo and behold one of the lads behind smacked his ball onto the green and it landed 10 yards in front and rolled past me. They all held there hands up and apologised.
But what would of happened if the ball had hit me and dropped in the hole. Does it count. ?

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I’ve never come across anyone do anything with a ball that’s hit them…I was hit on the foot by a rolling ball recently, the shot was played to the previous green as we stood by the next tee. It stayed where it finished…in the deep rough…?

salfordlad

Visit site
Imurg has it right, such an accidental deflection that ends up in the hole is a holed shot - rule 11.1 - no penalty to any player and ball must be played as lies (which in this ball holed case means head to the next tee).

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Imurg has it right, such an accidental deflection that ends up in the hole is a holed shot - rule 11.1 - no penalty to any player and ball must be played as lies (which in this ball holed case means head to the next tee).
Cheers boys. Just hope I wouldn’t be expected to help but a round should that of happened. ?
PS the reason I was still on green.
My tee shot ended up in a bunker. It had the rubber matting put in last year. I played a shot and there was 1/2” of sand. Club hit mat. Bounced up. Topped ball and it flew 50 yards into trees lost. Second ball from Bunker exactly the same only went 40 yds. By the time I had fetched se one ball. Dropped and played and walked to back of green they had putted out. One of the four ball shot off to take his wife to hospital so they were walking talking and shaking hands. So there was only me to finish the hole hence why I was on the green

salfordlad

Visit site
Cheers boys. Just hope I wouldn’t be expected to help but a round should that of happened. ?
PS the reason I was still on green.
My tee shot ended up in a bunker. It had the rubber matting put in last year. I played a shot and there was 1/2” of sand. Club hit mat. Bounced up. Topped ball and it flew 50 yards into trees lost. Second ball from Bunker exactly the same only went 40 yds. By the time I had fetched se one ball. Dropped and played and walked to back of green they had putted out. One of the four ball shot off to take his wife to hospital so they were walking talking and shaking hands. So there was only me to finish the hole hence why I was on the green
That was one exciting hole, more action than I normally see in half a dozen rounds.