What’s Best schedule for Range & Course?

Prodavid116

Visit site
Just wondering what the best schedule is really between range & course atm I’m going Range 3 times a week on a Mon, Wed, Fri and then playing course on a Thursday and then sometimes Sunday should I cut back to Range just twice a week and play one course a week???

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Most normally do about 4 hours range, split between short and long game area 50/50. Normally 1- 2 hours on the putting green depending if your stroke stresses your back and 9 holes a day.

5 days a week unless your playing a tournament.

If its a tournament week cut back to 2 hours range time a day, split depending on how you perform in 2 18 hole practice rounds played between Monday and Wednesday to suit.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just wondering what the best schedule is really between range & course atm I’m going Range 3 times a week on a Mon, Wed, Fri and then playing course on a Thursday and then sometimes Sunday should I cut back to Range just twice a week and play one course a week???

There’s no right answer on this. Whatever works for you.

The range is good, but make sure you’re practising productively and not just whacking balls (assuming you’re using it for practice and not just the fun of smashing balls, which there is nothing wrong with, but not to be confused with practice).

If you’ve got time and daylight allows, I would make one of the range sessions a short game session. If you get your chipping and putting up to a high standard, your game will fly if you make good decisions on the tee.