Well i've gone an done it..

blackpuddinmonster

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Yesterday after struggling for the past 18 mths with a set of 15 yr old MacGregors i decided it was time to invest in a set of new irons. After a quick search i had decided on a set of di11s' from ag for £200.
After posting on here for some advise on said clubs, the general consensus was that although these were fine clubs it would be best to try a few others as well to see what suited best. Not being a fool i took this wise advise. So the clubs i chose to try were the w/s di11 and the ci9s, tm burner 1.0 and the cobra s3 max.
Boy what a difference to my old clubs. I found all 4 sets very easy to hit, and distance wise all much of a muchness, consistantly around 135/145 yrd for an 8 iron. So, how to choose??
:confused:
I guess at my level it comes down to what feels best, as per advise. All 4 were very good but i kept going back to the tms' and the di11s' so a straight choice then. This was when the lad from ag came back to see how i was doing. After watching me hit a few more balls with both clubs he said my "dispertion" was definately better with one over the other, and to my suprise it was the cheaper di11s :thup:
So the deal was done:lol:. As a nice touch he also threw in 2 doz dx3 balls for nowt saying they were more suitable to my current level than the high end balls. What a nice chap.:smirk:
I have to say hats of to ag. I was there nearly a hour and at no time did i feel any presure either to make my mind up or to buy something. Makes a change these days :thup:
So, i have new shineys:lol:. I'am so excited i had to book wednesday of for a "funeral". 27 here i come:cool:

Coatsy79

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
When I was deciding (before being gifted some AP1's) my choices came down to the cleveland cg16 and di11's, good clubs for the money