Weekend away

Vasey1981

Visit site
Hi looking to book a weekend away with lads in August was hoping to get 2 open comps in to keep cost down any ideas on some good courses thats on golf empire that we could make a weekend of we live in the tyne and wear area thanks

D

Deleted member 23270

Can you give more info on how far you're prepared to travel, budget, handicap range etc.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Look at the Harrogate or Leeds areas. Loads of courses in both, nightlife strong as well. Both within 2hrs. I've done both options and never played a bad course, never had a bad night. Perfect for golfers from our part of the world.

Happy to recommend courses if you need assistance there.

Vasey1981

Visit site
Recommend away m8 i was wanting a really good course but cheap on a open comp ? looking at north berwick looks special....

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Look at the Harrogate or Leeds areas. Loads of courses in both, nightlife strong as well. Both within 2hrs. I've done both options and never played a bad course, never had a bad night. Perfect for golfers from our part of the world.

Happy to recommend courses if you need assistance there.

I thought Oulton hall was decent & can get it for peanuts on Tee off times.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Recommend away m8 i was wanting a really good course but cheap on a open comp ? looking at north berwick looks special....
I'll leave it to you to go through the Opens on golf empire but I'd suggest looking at:
Harrogate area,

Pannal
Oakdale
Knaresborough
Ilkley (bit further away but worth a look)

Leeds area (pricier so may be ruled out depending on budget. Have a look and decide for yourself)

Moor Allerton
Sand moor
Alwoodley
Moortown

(the last two are particularly lovely but not in the bargain category even at Opens. Had to mention them though)

I'd happily play any of the above and know beforehand I would be having a good day.

D

Deleted member 17920

Hi looking to book a weekend away with lads in August was hoping to get 2 open comps in to keep cost down any ideas on some good courses thats on golf empire that we could make a weekend of we live in the tyne and wear area thanks
Do a date search on Golf empire and work it out from there.

If you can only get one then try and do a twilight rate the day before to keep costs down.

We did Brampton on a twilight then Silloth in an open. Great weekend at a mega cheap rate