Website feedback....has it ever worked ?

nomadpaul

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I wanted to post up a suggestion for the site on the Website feedback section but as it doesn't seem to be working , i thought i'd throw it out here.

It was fired by Medwayjons 'This forum is so hard to keep up with' thread.

Would it not be a good idea to slightly alter the Lounge area and have one forum section for Equipment and one for Technique ? I think this would make the site slightly easier to navigate and easier to find any topics that you may be interested in and searching for .

With the increase in threads/posters , it would mean the forum threads would also move at a slighlty slower pace.....

Any thoughts ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I think way back when we were discussing the introduction of the buy/sell and non-golf areas the general consensus was not to dissolve the threads too much by having dedicated sections for each aspect.

From my point of view one of the great thing about the main board is the way a thread can go from one tpoic to another and branch out in many different tangents. I don't think you'll get that if you break things down and neatly section them away under different headings.

The easiest way to manage it is to change your settings so you get the latest posts first which gets you up to speed on the hot topics. Once you have perused what is getting people talking you can go back through the others and if you have anything to add can do so. Sometimes the best posts come from those that may not have ignited first time round but has someone come along and add a comment after the event as it were which seems to get the whole thing up and running again.

Only my opinion but if it comes to a vote I'd say keep as it is

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Simplest method is if everyone (and they'll soon pick it up) puts a prefix to their post title, as you have here, eg, Equipment: what's the best driver/putter/etc or Technique: I've lost my swing or Results: How I won The Open

We can come up with suitable group prefixes between us.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Personally I'm with H on this.

I like the random thread generation from one post to another. It helps prevent a total hijacking of the original thread. It's also a pain in the proverbial hopping from the Lounge to the OOB forums as it is, and generally there aren't enough contributors to warrant dividing the forum up more as it makes following a thread more difficult.

'fraid I'm with the flat earth society on this one, ie no change.

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Although I like the forum as is, on thing I would like is that any thread with a recent post gets bumped to the top of the list.

User Options
Display Preferences
Sort posts by last post date.

I think that his should be the default setting.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Although I like the forum as is, on thing I would like is that any thread with a recent post gets bumped to the top of the list.

keyzer, this has been said loads of times

Go to User Options/Edit Display Preferences scoll to the bottom of the list. Make sure Sort Threads By: is set to last post date