Waterproof socks

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Both sealskins and dexshell are very good, my advice you might need to size up your shoes as there pretty hefty / bulky 👍

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Join a Links course to play over the winter, you won't need waterproof socks.

Never had a problem with a good pair of shoes and short grass.

Thanks but unfortunately it's 2 hours or so to the nearest links, besides which half my time's spent in the long grass which still gets wet

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Sone good advice on here, thanks guys... seems a worthwhile investment as I've found in the past that even with good waterproof shoes that water still comes in over the top etc 👍👍

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
After all the positive reviews/recommendations (thanks) I bit the bullet and bought some Sealskinz

Picked them up for £21 from Go Outdoors (still priced up at £35 in store)

First thoughts are... Wow, they're super comfortable and warm

The real test will be out on the course this weekend after all the rain 👍

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
i have a pair somewhere i bought for Mountain biking about 17 years ago. I have to say i didn't like them at the time felt very thick and stiff. are they still like this?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
i have a pair somewhere i bought for Mountain biking about 17 years ago. I have to say i didn't like them at the time felt very thick and stiff. are they still like this?

Mine are like this, bought them earlier this year. I wonder if they could stand up on their own.......I don't mind that on cold days, winter golf will be a breeze, but on a wet summers day I would sometimes accept wet feet from normal socks rather than overheat in these. I need to find an actual shop that sells them rather than online and see if I can find a thinner version for warmer, but wet, weather.

I would add, they have worked brilliantly for me including in some very thick and wet rough. I no longer dread the walk into somping grass knowing the inevitable wet feet that will follow no longer happens.

PCWOX

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just purchased a pair of Dexshell off Ebay for £13. See how they fare. I have a pair of SealSkinz somewhere and they are spot on to be fair.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The Sealskins I bought are thick but then they're for winter use so I wanted good insulation as well as waterproofing... they're very confortable

Looks like they make thin versions too presumably for milder climes

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
OK... so finally tried the Sealskinz on the (very wet) course and I'm pleased to say that even with trainer style shoes (that are far from waterproof) my feet stayed 100% dry, thanks guys for the recommendations 👍👍