Waterproof Jacket Recommendations

bighairydel

Visit site
After playing in yesterdays monsoon, my 10 year old jacket is clearly getting past it's best.
I carry my bag and under the straps it's now like a sieve so this will need to be a consideration when getting a new one as some of the ultra lightweight jackets won't cope I feel.
Don't want to spend an absolute fortune if I can help it!

bighairydel

Visit site
Yeah I did think about trying one from go outdoors or something, seems as soon as you add the word golf the price goes through the roof!

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I’ve got the galvanic green goretex and in my opinion the the only difference between that and the proquip I had previously is the warranty.

Yes we all look at galvin as a premier brand, but I’ve had goretex from Sunderland and proquip in the past and would do again.

As above you can normally get great deals on previous years Sunderland and proquip if you look around.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm currently saving to go all in on a Galvin Green. It's a lot of cash, but it should last for years and reports are that they are the dugs knackers when it comes to wet weather.

Also, one of the reasons I elected to no longer carry was that a succession of jackets / jumpers / windproof tops would get ruined with rubbing on the shoulder but most notably on the lower back.

So at £129 for a trolley, this will pay for itself over the next 5 years or so.

sunshine

Visit site
Also - comfort and fit will depend massively on your body shape as you need to swing a club while wearing it (obviously). Some brands are targeted at older golfers so allow a more rotund fit (e.g. Ping), others are cut for a more athletic figure (e.g. Lindberg)

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Also - comfort and fit will depend massively on your body shape as you need to swing a club while wearing it (obviously). Some brands are targeted at older golfers so allow a more rotund fit (e.g. Ping), others are cut for a more athletic figure (e.g. Lindberg)
You don’t need to be old to have a rotund figure😜👍