Waterproof hat for the follicly challenged

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
As those of us who are blessed with baldness can agree, waterproof hat = sweaty head. I have a Taylormade bucket hat that’s meant to be waterproof but there’s that much condensation in there it’s hard to tell if it does actually keep the rain out! I have my doubts.

Any recommendations for a good un?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've got a Sunderland one. It definitely works, waterproof, and it hasn't made my head sweaty to this point. I can't guarantee the same for all, sweating wise, but so far so good.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I've got a full head of hair and it did anoy me you still ended up with a wet head when ever you wore a gortex hat.
I've got 2 hats that work the galvin green fisherman's hat with the tail, but it is quite combersome. But the one I wear the most is the artic, which has a fleece lining. Great for winter and it's got ear flaps.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just don't bother getting the Adidas RDY bucket hat. I did but it's put me off the idea of bucket hats completely. Doesn't feel that comfortable (maybe my ears are too big though ?), my head is sweating within 15 minutes of putting it on, and it didn't even seem all that waterproof, I'm sure it was leaking last time I used it. Rubbish.

I'm going back to a hooded jacket with a cap or beanie underneath depending on how cold it is! Sadly it's looking like I'll get to find out how well that works tomorrow on the day off I've booked for a round at Ealing. ☹️