Wanted: Srixon Z-Star review please

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Got given a sleeve when I bought my G10 3 wood a couple of weeks ago. I've not been playing well enough to risk losing them, and the weather has been too windy, until today.

I'd expected to get a shed load of side spin, and lose distance, neither was the case, (it was a sweet tee shot!). Had a nasty chip onto a raised green, with the pin near the nearest edge to me. About a 15 yard shot with a steep 3 yard raise to the green. Out came the 60 LW, gentle swing, the thing stopped dead with a little back spin about 3 foot from the pin! I shouldn't by rights be able to play those shots, and it's not the first time.

I love this ball. Yes, I only used it for one hole. I can't afford to lose them, and typically it's the expensive stuff that I like!

What I will say to high h'cappers is, don't be afraid to try a premium ball. I play off 26 and I can really tell the difference between these and the normal rocks (distance / cheap) balls that we 'should' be using.

Whether I can afford to play with these things full time is unlikely at the moment, but like the MP52s, it's something to aim for, or treat myself to occasionally.

andiritchie

Journeyman Pro
HOTMAIL.COM
I got a sleeve off the Srixon rep at the range i got my driver from,not going to use them yet ill wait till the weather is fairer

What the guy was saying to me was that they are the number 2 ball on tour dont know if its true or not

T

thecraw

I lost one on the left hand side of the 7th at Ranfurly Castle yesterday, pulled my tee shot and the wind took it into the rough, anyone finds it I want it back as these balls are awesome!

These will be my ball of choice for this season.

Good enough for Vijay to change and Stenson to be raving about them, then its good enough for me.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I love srixon balls so am dead keen to give these a go. My pro has just started stocking them but I dont kn ow what he is charging.

I will wait till I find one before buying one :D

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Its a shame I've got a box and a half of Z-URS's in the cupboard as I fancy giving these a try. But I know if I try them and like them I'll buy a box or two and the Z-URS's will rot!!!! :eek:

Still, the way I'm playing currently, it won't be long before I've lost them anyway!

T

thecraw

I still have half a dozen Z-URS's in my drawer, I plan to take them with me to Machrie this weekend and not care if I lose em!

Heres hoping for some wind!!!

It also gives me an excuse to buy some more Z-STARS!

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Played on Saturday with them and found them to have higher driver spin compared to the Z-URS's but they made up for that on all over areas, great to putt with and excellent soft feel, I still got some good distance but they didn’t feel as heavy off the driver as the Z-URS. I played the same ball all round and it could do another easy before ending in the shag bag in the sky.

If I can keep to losing one or two a round that these will deffo be my #1 choice, but as the grass grows in the rough and the cut grass stealing balls not sure I can afford 3-4 balls a round so maybe back to AD333's once the tall cabbage comes back.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just renewed my subscription to Golf World and have a dozen of the Z Star on their way, will post my review as soon as I play a round with them.

I play the URC which I love, gutted they have stopped making them, so these new balls better be good.

DCB

Visit site
I picked up a dozen at the Inverness Golf Centre for £27 so I'll give them a try when I'm away for a golf weekend later this month. Not seen them at this price anywhere else around here.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Just renewed my subscription to Golf World and have a dozen of the Z Star on their way, will post my review as soon as I play a round with them.

Cheers just subscribed to GW and a free dozen Z stars ;)

If you renew GM do you still get the freebie AD333s?

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yep still ad333 for GM subscription. Will hold off until they make the change.

Played the front 9 with one on Monday and the back with a new Pro V1. I prefer the Pro V1 but the the Z Star is still nice. It felt firmer of the club face and didnt seem to spin as much on the green as the Pro V1.

Have 4 boxes of URC to lose first before I move onto the Z Star for a long term test.